Can I do my EE on Taylor Swift's success in the music industry as of 2014 even though I'm starting this in 2014 and the success is still going on?

kpaisley

Hey people,

I just started the IB diploma program this year and wanted to do my EE on how effective Taylor Swift's marketing and promotion techniques were for her newest album 1989. I was looking to make it a business and management EE but I was wondering if it would be a good idea because the album literally came out only about a month ago so it's a very fresh topic. Do you think I'd see any challenges because of this, should I maybe do an older artist or an album that wasn't just released?

Also, is this even a good enough topic for business and management?

Please help! :)

Must say that I'm not familiar with B&M at all, but still, I don't think it's a good idea. But even if the general idea is appropriate (hopefully someone knowing this will join in), I don't think it's a good idea to explore something as new, basically because we're still to see how successful it will be, whether it will stand the test of time etc. So, if it generally works, choose something older. :)

• Like 1

Must say that I'm not familiar with B&M at all, but still, I don't think it's a good idea. But even if the general idea is appropriate (hopefully someone knowing this will join in), I don't think it's a good idea to explore something as new, basically because we're still to see how successful it will be, whether it will stand the test of time etc. So, if it generally works, choose something older. :)

Thanks a lot, I think I'm gonna start looking for someone else! haha