SAT subject test choices?

jordan5560

Hi, I'm planning to take two SAT subject tests before the first semester in IB year 2 but I'm not sure which ones I should take. I'm thinking of Maths II and Biology E/M. I heard that Maths II is easy since the topics are covered in the IB Maths SL syllabus. What about Biology E/M? Has anyone taken the test and can share some experience? I want to know if I will be able to know most of the topics by the end of IB year 1 so what I will only have to do is only going through a little more stuff. Thanks:dunno:

Maths is indeed generally quite easy, though there are some topics in Maths II not covered in SL (or indeed, HL). However, you can get away with skipping those topics - and if you're worried, just buy a study guide (the official one is fine, and out of the other choices all are fairly decent) and study the gaps and do past papers. I can't speak for biology though. 

• Like 1

I haven't yet taken the SAT Biology test but I am preparing for it. My biology teacher said that there isn't much overlap especially if you're planning on taking the molecular portion as IB biology doesn't go into that much detail. However, if you're taking IB biology and your teacher plans on covering ecology this year before you take the test then you should be fine. Honestly speaking, self-studying SAT biology isn't all that difficult, just get the Barron SAT biology book and learn everything that is in it and you should be good to go!