Do you find (your/the)Extended Essay Fun?

HalcyonCoded

Good Evening from Massachusetts!

Today, I just got started with my research for my Extended Essay, and mine is primarily about Toyotomi Hideyoshi: The Daimyo who unified Japan as one. As I started to read about Hideyoshi (Japanese history rather than U.S. and European history for once), I became excited and eager to read more and begin to type my EE. The research is a bit hard, since I can't find books on Hideyoshi, but whenever I do, it's always a joy to read. 

Do any of my fellow Ib-ers feel this way? What's your topic about? I'd love to hear that the EE isn't as bad as most people believe. :D

I wouldn't go so far as to say the EE was fun, but it wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. I did mine in history; the use of signals intelligence by the Allies in the Battle of the Atlantic, WWII. I found the topic interesting, but after reading countless books and articles on it and working on the essay for two months, it got a bit stale. If you're generally interested in the topic you're doing, though, it makes the tedious essay-writing process a lot easier than doing a topic you hate.

• Like 2

Guest moonkyu97

EE was quite fun writing, but I was not reluctant in getting my hands off it. I got the biggest pleasure from my EE by handing it in to the DP coordinator. It might be because I wrote a Math EE, but that's that.

EE was not fun for me at all. I wrote mine on Physics. On a topic I had no interest in actually.

But I supposed that History is usually much more interesting to write on. Since you seem really interested with your EE topic I was wondering if you have been watching the drama called Nobunaga Concerto. I'm watching it right now and I looove it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I had a lot of fun writing it. (The editing not so much.)

But I chose A Game of Thrones, a book I absolutely adore and know like the back of my hand. Writing my essay took a grand total of 2 hours to read the book and sticky all of the quotes I wanted and 2 hours to write the actual essay. In many cases I put sticky notes on the quotes just to get page numbers, because I knew all the quotes by heart (oops?). So yes, my English EE was a lot of fun.

• 6 months later...

I'm doing mine in English B, and questions how hooliganism arose in England to become a manifestation of social discontent through the usage of resources such as the movie Green Street Hooligans. Worried at first, but quite interesting I must admit!

Kanka supermis

Mine was an analysis on The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini for English B HL. It was dreadful because i focused on so much more history than language due to my supervisor not guiding me well enough, i hated writing it and i was really nervous when i turned it in- in fact i was told i had written my abstract completely wrong on the deadline week due to improper instructions, i had to literally rewrite that thing last second in our coordinators office after school...ugh....

Either way, we got our results early today and turns out i got an A, which i was definitely not expecting. Guess my last minute ee wasnt so bad after all :D