Obama or McCain?

Abu

Obama or McCain?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Obama or McCain?

• Obama
    • McCain

As I mentioned, there are to many reasons why people are mad at GWB, i was simply highlighting the main reasons that I have observed over the years. In 2004 GWB was still on the path towards victory in Iraq, and the world was not as angry as they are now, but I was only 14, so I can't say that I really remember that well, and also, i was not at all impressed by John Kerry.

Now, to justify my reasoning, i have to first explain that my feelings about the government are similar to an anarchist's, in that I just want the government to leave me alone. Obama does not show any sign of this with his plans to raise taxes, and you can call me greedy, but i like getting the money I work for. Now I also have to mention that I have a trust issue with the two candidates. I have a hard time trusting Obama, because he does not relate to me. I ride motorcycles, hunt, fish, scuba dive, and go on adventures, and Obama does not strike me as the kind of guy who would approve of my lifestyle. McCain on the other hand, is from Arizona, he is an outdoors type, and he is a war veteran who would not leave his men in the POW camp. I feel that I can trust him, and that is the most important part, because a candidate can say anything, but the real question is, can you trust him to do what he says. I mention trust because I have visited the two candidates web pages, and I have come to agree with much of what McCain has said, but I have not found Obama's plans to be all that impressive. And I would not say that McCain is going to be more of the same, I think the media has only focused on the similarities between the two republicans to damage McCain. I do not wish to preach, or turn everyone to McCain, and the only reason I mentioned my voting choice was to allow everyone to factor bias into my statements. I also want to make it clear that the main reason I do not support Obama is that he does not have a plan yet. He has been preaching hope and change without getting specific. At this point in the election, he is going to need a plan, or he will most likely lose. If he does not develop a clear plan, and he still gets elected, it will be a terrible reflection upon the people of the US.

I am truly amazed by this. I'm completely honest when I'm saying your the first intelligent person with an intelligent reason for voting McCain. Even though I do not agree with some of the things, you argue your points well, and in the end, the reason for you voting McCain is just because you have a different opinion to mine, not due to some arbitrary reason like "Obama has a bad pastor". However, what I disagree with you is with the POW camp; to me it feels like being in a POW camp and being subject to torture would be something that completely changes a person, but does not necessarily make him stronger. Moreover, I find the idea of raising the low income tax that America has to be a good idea that just might balance the budget deficit. Once again, just a difference in taste here. That said, I like some of McCain's ideas, but he's just too conservative me in general. What you say about Obama is completely true, he doesn't really have concrete ideas, it's all change and hope. I would've liked to see Edwards run for presidency, but hey, I'm not even an American so who am I to say.

I am truly amazed by this. I'm completely honest when I'm saying your the first intelligent person with an intelligent reason for voting McCain.

What, voting on personality not policy?

I don't think Obama frowns on scuba diving and fishing, so if fear of that is a reason not to vote for him then I don't think that's a great reason myself.

McCain hasn't even bothered to mention the economy at the GOP-con.

To each his own.

Edited by laneolaneo1

I don't think Obama frowns on scuba diving and fishing, so if fear of that is a reason not to vote for him then I don't think that's a great reason myself.

To each his own.

oh he's mentioned the economy. He's mentioned that it's bad, and blamed it on the democrats by saying some bull**** about having too much of them in congress or something! purely neglecting the fact that the PRESIDENT who is a REPUBLICAN is actually in charge of it all!

hey! let's give everyone loans and make them think we have that much money to spend! and when they file for bankruptcy in a few years because they couldn't afford their mortgage in the first place, we'll just not help them because right wing politics doesn't anyway!

Then again, I'm no American either :P

Did anyone hear Giuliani's speech today? WHAT AN IDIOT! I'm fuming! if McCAIN wins, I'm gonna go hide in a cave! maybe somewhere near Bin Laden, because they sure as hell won't go looking there! who knows! they may go looking for him in South Africa next!

me not happy

To each his own.

He did have some mentions about how he thinks Obama doesn't have a good plan, how we doesn't like government intervention and how he doesn't want higher taxes.

He did have some mentions about how he thinks Obama doesn't have a good plan, how we doesn't like government intervention and how he doesn't want higher taxes.

I thought Obama wanted tax cuts for 95% of American families?

This 'plan' thing is getting to me a bit as, watching the GOP-con, I don't see any 'plan' at all. Just 'more of the same'.

I thought Obama wanted tax cuts for 95% of American families?

This 'plan' thing is getting to me a bit as, watching the GOP-con, I don't see any 'plan' at all. Just 'more of the same'.

Look mate, I'm not even going to pretend I'm an expert on American politics, but in general I think we can all agree that democrats are in favour of higher taxes and republicans are in favour of lower taxes. This is probably what joesalens meant as well. Now, Obama might promise tax cuts, but the way the economy is right now, I think there might become a need to raise taxes and McCain will be more reluctant to do that than Obama. Besides, now I feel like you're just not willing to accept the GOP view, even if it just would be doing the same stuff as Bush. It's okay to disagree, but it seems like you're trying to "destroy" joesalens' opinion just because you don't reason like he does. In fact, I somehow feel like this is turning into a mini-version (emphasis on mini, though) of the discussion about God with dragonb111 in some other threads.

I'm sorry, I just like the cut and thrust of internet debating :o And I do try to defend Obama from the mistruths that are out there.

We can all certainly agree, I'm sure, that this will be a most fascinating election come November. And if it's getting people interested in politics again, then that's a good thing.

Edited by laneolaneo1

Big deal out of it?? :0 Perhaps your not aware of how the world is holding their breath right now. Have you seen what has happened to the world because of USs economic decline and its war on iraq. Over here where almost 50% of the people are leaving at a dollar a day are suffering the most. I think that because of the war the oil price has shoot up in middle east. Which has caused prices of basic needs like food to shoot up. People cannot afford a 100% increase in food prices when you can hardly feed yourself let alone your family. Maybe some people can call it showbiz but i dont think so. I dont want to mention his name but we cannot afford another president like this one. We need an American president who can allow the world to be a better place. I dont know who can do it Mcain or Obama. But from Obama's word it seems like he will benefit more to the world since Mccain wants to continue the war.

And if i were to buy a Car over here and i asked for the price they wouldnt state the price as 20 million tanzanian shillings but they would tell me 20,000 us$. I dont know why they do this but this shows how we are already relying on the US.

Dont get me wrong though. I do not want to offend but I think the US desicions affect the world since its the strongest country. But we need a president who is not only responsible to america but can also simply be aware of the rest of us. Donations is not only the solution.

i think u got me wrong, by show biz i mean that theres a huge flash and bang about it. i dont mean that its not of huge importance with huge consaquences, i just mean, the fireworks, pep ralllys or watever, etcc etcc its soo comercial and unnessesary

I would vote for Obama if i could; mostly because he's black and have great enviromental politics (maybe it's something like the lesser of two evils).

I feel that Obama would be a much better choice than McCain. It is true that Obama, if elected, would be the first black president. Obviously, there is a reason that he was chosen for this position. It takes a lot of hard work to get to the top, and Obama, being black, would have had a more difficult time getting into the position. I am a little ashamed that it has taken the United States this long to get a non-traditional president, but I am happy that we finally have done it!

Also, Obama is the voice of the young, and the voice of change. Something that is DESPERATELY needed right now. I am afraid of what will happen if another Republican is put into office. The fabulous (yeah, right) tax cuts that George Bush put in place hurt the people and with all of the money going into the foreign wars the inflation rate is increasing rapidly. This is just skims the surface of all the problems that I see with the current administration's work, and the problems I'm afraid will not be changed in McCain gets into office.

Ahhh. I love a good debate.

My personal choice would be McCain. I'm not a republican or a "fudamentalist" - I simply think that he is the best man for the job.

My actual first choice was Clinton, but that was not the question.

Obama's young blood works against him - he does not have the experience to run the country. I think with McCain you have a guarentee of a better president and a better outlook for America (no diss intended to Bush).

With Obama its kinda of a gamble. He doesn't have that track record people can look at and say 'Hey! You're awesome!' He could turn out amazing, or totally wacko.

But at this time, what America needs is some stability. Not another gamble president.

• 3 weeks later...

Obama.

I listen to alot of hip-hop and rap, and one song was like foreseeing this.

Changes by 2Pac

And although it seems heaven sent,

we ain't ready to see a black President, uhh.

Now maybe we are :P Ok, I know it's not a really good reason (it's a very, very bad one actually), but I can't vote anyways and I'm Canadian :P

Big deal out of it?? :0 Perhaps your not aware of how the world is holding their breath right now. Have you seen what has happened to the world because of USs economic decline and its war on iraq. Over here where almost 50% of the people are leaving at a dollar a day are suffering the most. I think that because of the war the oil price has shoot up in middle east. Which has caused prices of basic needs like food to shoot up. People cannot afford a 100% increase in food prices when you can hardly feed yourself let alone your family. Maybe some people can call it showbiz but i dont think so. I dont want to mention his name but we cannot afford another president like this one. We need an American president who can allow the world to be a better place. I dont know who can do it Mcain or Obama. But from Obama's word it seems like he will benefit more to the world since Mccain wants to continue the war.

And if i were to buy a Car over here and i asked for the price they wouldnt state the price as 20 million tanzanian shillings but they would tell me 20,000 us$. I dont know why they do this but this shows how we are already relying on the US.

Dont get me wrong though. I do not want to offend but I think the US desicions affect the world since its the strongest country. But we need a president who is not only responsible to america but can also simply be aware of the rest of us. Donations is not only the solution.

I completly agree, this might seem wrong because i'm from america but i have family that live in Nigeria and they are feeling the affects of the war, gas prices are sky rocketing with no one getting the benefit. Every day you hear of civilians getting hurt in the middle east. It seems like the never ending war and although Obama does not provide a clear plan about how to get our troops out of the middle east and stop the war, he acknowledges that it is a problem that we must fix and unlike Mccain, who wants to be in Iraq for the next Hundred years, Obama wants to get the troops out without living the country vulnerable and disstabilized

yeh you guys need universal healthcare!! your really actually quite behind in that -_- so obama it is :)

I support Obama but I don't believe in Universal Health care. Not only does it raise taxes to an outrageous amount, it is not a great system of health care. I could need heart surgery and some one else could just have the flu and they would treat that person first. The system is terrible and it does not seem to be working to good for everyone. Even though there are people om America that do not have health insurance, Hospitals are not allowed to turn them away. There are even some hospitals devoted to treating every one without healthcare. They treat them the same way as someone who has health insurance would be treated. In that case i believe that we should stick to the status quo

i am not american but i think it's time for a change. Firstly McCain is soooooo old! haha

but i think obama is a great candidate, he speaks well, presents himself well and isnt vicious like the republicans.

I hate how some people bring up the colour of Obama's skin! i mean seriously doing that just highlights americas racist beliefs which a lot of the world believes they have.

I really do think, even though Obama himself never brings up his colour, that after so many years of black and white americans living together that it is time for a black president. What happened to equality in america?

Thats just what i feel, its not entirely based on fact but i do think america needs help and a definate change in leader****.

id go with Obama, when it comes down to it, the economy is the most important thing at the moment, and McCain doesnt understand that. Hes obsessed with nationa security, which is important, but not the pressing issue at the moment.

Didn't Obama's plan of helping the poor have a deficit of some sort? -_- Anyway, if this was the world's presidency (in a way, it is), Obama would win. As for the US, I don't know... Bush did get re-elected.

I hate how some people bring up the colour of Obama's skin! i mean seriously doing that just highlights americas racist beliefs which a lot of the world believes they have.

There are people who are not voting for Obama simply because he is black. But there are also others who are voting because he is black. Same goes for Hilary and some of the women voters. Also, Obama is mixed if I'm not mistaken? Which just makes it kind of awkward for those complaining about his skin colour, hehe.

Edited by moneyfaery

In this election, people seem to be nit picking.Almost all of Obama's voters are people of the black community and Mccan has most of the white old folks and now he even has a larger community of Wite women only because Paline is his V.P. This election is not going to be determined by who has the best policy but by the color of sking, race and gender. How is that for democracy