Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sofia.

Using the same book for English A and Spanish B?

Hey!
So, I recently wrote my Spanish B written assignment on 'Bodas de Sangre' (Blood Wedding). We're reading the same book in English A, although in translation. Can I still write about Blood Wedding for my English A written assignment, or is there a rule saying I can't use the same book?

I don't know for sure, but I think it should be fine as long as you don't write the same WA, that is, the same thing translated. We're reading Der Vorleser (The Reader) for German B and English A, but unfortunately it will be too late on our schedule for English WA, so I'll have to stick to German. :)

1 person likes this

Oh no, the essays are completely different - one is literary and the other is a piece of creative writing. Hopefully it's fine! I'll check with my teacher too, to be sure, but thanks! Saved my Sunday :P

Maybe? Haha I don't take L&L so I wouldn't know, but the English A WA is a literary essay, while the Spanish B WA is a creative piece of writing based on a literary work (I wrote a diary :P)

Sounds so :P I know for B, and for L&L there are two written task, one is a creative piece, and the other is also an essay. :D