IB BIOLOGY BOOK RECOMMENDED ? IBID ? Pearson ?

Hey, I am now using the oxford 2014 biology course book and i don't like it. Do you have any recommendation for the IB biology **2014**  textbook? I want to buy either the IBID one and the Pearson one . I heard that the Pearson baccalaureate biology course book is really nice . But how about the IBID one??

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Why don't you like the oxford course companion - I use it qnd think its great as it has just the right amount of information plus its divided up just like the syllabus (nature of science, skills, understanding, application etc) which it makes it really easy to use. I guess if you don't like it I recommend you get the pearson one, although its very wordy and lengthy - something you want to avoid when it comes to biology as the syllabua is long and there is more than enough to learn as is, why make it harder for yourself? I've never seen the IBID book so I cant say whether its good or not. Most students use either the oxford or pearson textbool - just use whichever you prefer.

• Like 1

Why don't you like the oxford course companion - I use it qnd think its great as it has just the right amount of information plus its divided up just like the syllabus (nature of science, skills, understanding, application etc) which it makes it really easy to use. I guess if you don't like it I recommend you get the pearson one, although its very wordy and lengthy - something you want to avoid when it comes to biology as the syllabua is long and there is more than enough to learn as is, why make it harder for yourself? I've never seen the IBID book so I cant say whether its good or not. Most students use either the oxford or pearson textbool - just use whichever you prefer.

I don't think the oxford one can be considered as a nice textbook. It is quite weird and doesn't include everything for the syllabus in my opinion . it is rather confusing e.g  Confusing diagram for the e.coli cell *no pili  , or even there are some concepts that are different from the past paper mark scheme * I lost marks because of that. I would prefer a textbook which include every single detail for the IB 2014 syllabus. But thank you anyway, I might try the Pearson biology book. :blowkiss:

• 2 weeks later...