Sign in to follow this  

Canadian Election '08

So, who's everyone supporting and why? More to the point, does anyone really even care? :)

I can't decide whether I prefer the Liberals or NDP. So I need some convincing.

I do, however, support the Green Party's bid for their first seat (or more?) in history. They deserve a voice in parliament too.

I don't like Mr. Bush-Wannabe so definitely not rooting for the Conservatives. Although, I'm too young to vote anyway so whatever. Edited by deissi
Stick to the topic :)

I would have to go with my liberal buddies. Stephane Dion just looks like a friendly guy (totally bad reason to vote, btw can't vote yet either).
I'm not too much up to date with canadian politics - although i'm in canada - cause of all the fuss happening down south. Much more exciting politics I have to say.

This whole excluding Elizabeth May from the debate thing ended up being a huge publicity victory for the Green Party. They managed to get public support to be included in the debate, and now they'll be getting more votes than they had probably originally expected, because more people are fed up with the other politicians for being total crooks about the whole situation. Edited by Mr. Shiver

i dunno even though i live in canada and i am a citizen, i never found the election process to be interesting, i hardly know the candidates and unlike the U.S, whose candidates are practically international rockstars, i bet a lot of canadians never even saw a picture of their local representative. to be honest, i find canadian politics to be bland and boring

[quote name='Vicda****' post='25367' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:03 PM']i dunno even though i live in canada and i am a citizen, i never found the election process to be interesting, i hardly know the candidates and unlike the U.S, whose candidates are practically international rockstars, i bet a lot of canadians never even saw a picture of their local representative. to be honest, i find canadian politics to be bland and boring[/quote]
Bet you don't know much about US politicians other than their names either. :D