Written Task 1

indimpi

Hi IBers!

I have begun to write my Written Task 1, and I am portraying Manny from Modern Family, and discussing how the men in the show are portrayed (Discussing mainly sexism). But I have a question, is it okay that my source text is not a specific episode, and is it also okay that my character, Manny, actually does not write opinion columns for his school's newspaper, but in the task I assume that he does so?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi IBers!

I have begun to write my Written Task 1, and I am portraying Manny from Modern Family, and discussing how the men in the show are portrayed (Discussing mainly sexism). But I have a question, is it okay that my source text is not a specific episode, and is it also okay that my character, Manny, actually does not write opinion columns for his school's newspaper, but in the task I assume that he does so?

Thanks in advance for any help!

hey, yeah that should be fine. Just mention between which two episodes does this incident take place. And to make it seem plausible, maybe say something like "Manny decided to be a guest writer, just this one time" or something along those lines. I would recommend though, if you want to talk about sexism, maybe get another (possibly lesser known) character to write it. I dont watch Modern Family so I cant tell you exactly which character, but I would suggest maybe a nerd or a jock, something unexpected, but thats just me (I break so many expectations while writing phhh). 

Anyways, getting back on track, it seems fine, though you would need a context, and I would keep an eye on my word count If i were you. Also, try to fit it between two episodes, or at the end of the season.

Hope this helps

• Like 1