Math Studies

So I'm taking Math Studies SL since my school is a new IB school and they don't provide us Mathematics SL (Their excuse was because WE all choose Math Studies, but in reality only one student choose Math Studies SL). I'm going to talk to the principal of our school and I hope he understand what we're talking about because he's absolutely no clue about IB.

The question is: Can you go to Bachelor of Commerce (Especially Accounting, Human Resource Management, etc) in Curtin University and Sydney University with Math Studies SL? I heard that UNSW and University of Melbourne do not accept Math Studies SL student. Thank you :)

• 4 months later...

heyo

I'm applying to the University of Sydney as well, and I do not think they accept Math studies for commerce as they clearly state that

"Assumed knowledge: Mathematics. Other assumed knowledge depends on the first-year subjects selected."

Under the requirements section for commerce

Sorry :(

Assumed knowledge is different to prerisequites (must haves). It is just helpful for the student to have studied SL or higher but that shouldnt restrict you going to sydney. Sydney Uni is very easy on subject choices, a person who did art, music and language during high school for example in the local HSC can get into a medicine degree there. All Sydney uni cares about is ATAR not subjects. This doesnt apply to all other Australian unis however (Melbourne)

• 2 weeks later...