What is your dream IB score?

usernamed

My dream score is any score that will get me into my university of choice, which is something around 39-42 points with 7s in my HLs.

I will probably be aiming for 45 in the beginning,I think most of us are. To get beaten by IB. everyday for 2 years and then later beat the IB with a prefect score - what a feeling that must be :D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

45 is always the dream but I already know that sadly, that probably isn't possible for me.

Realistically, around 40-42

I'd be ecstatic to achieve a 7 in chemistry, a 6/7 in biology, a 7 in history, a 6 in English, a 7 in french, and a 6 in math.

I'm aiming for 35+!!

p.s. this post is actually quite motivating :)

I agree, it is quite motivating. It reminds me of my goals, keeps me on track :) I find that repeatedly seeing where we want to go and what we want to achieve helps us to keep focus on acting (rather than speaking) to make those dreams reality 

yeah, it totally is MOTIVATING. I was about to respond that I'd be happy with 35, and I don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone. But then I thought about my dad. I want him to be proud of me. Thank you for the topic  :D

P.S.

Any study/revision tips??? (just one month left till may 2015! :o )

• Like 4

I think people writing that they want 45 points are unrealistic. Of course, everyone wants max,no one would say no to that, but it is not enough to think:"I am a good student, I do all my work so I should get full score".Its an extremly tiny part of all candidates that get even over 40.

On topic:I would be highly satisfied if I got 35 points and 38 would be perfect :)

• Like 5

What's the highest? 45? Well, there you have it.

I really don't see a reason for anyone to aim below that, especially IB students (as they are academically inclined).

I see that you're not in IB yet; anyone can say that their aim is 45. But once you're really in the system, you start to be realistic and then aim for a manageable score  :D