When do we do IA and G4 Project?

NiCKEL

So I know we do the group 4 project at our school in October next year (our 12 year).

When do you do your internal assessment lab thing?

How many people are in a group for the IA and the Group 4?

When do people start working on these?

Do we get to choose what we do?

If someone could also explain G4 Project further that'd be good

Im in Bio HL Chem HL if that matters

Group 4- You're put into groups with students of who took a variety of sciences (any of the three) and you have to decide on a topic where each of you can talk about for all three sciences and present it. I believe there is also a peer evaluation in the end that goes towards your IA mark. As for how many students are in each group, I assume it depends on how many IB students took the sciences at your school but at my school we have around 11-13 students per group (and it's random)

IA- internal assessment in sciences is a combination of all of your labs in that science course. A specific number of hours must be completed throughout your course for you to do well. Your group 4 project mark goes towards your IA. 

That's as much as I was told by my teachers. Does that help?

For group 4, you're in a group of 4 at most. It really depends on the school. For the IA, we're doing ours September of our grade 12 year. I already did my group 4 project during exam week. For the IA, yes, you can choose what to do, but for group 4 projects you get a very broad, general topic and find something to investigate (it could be a research project or a design lab. You just need to justify why you chose that topic and speak about it from a global perspective). It's basically a 10 hour lab and it's honestly a lot of fun. My teacher says it's like being in uni for the day.