IA Score to IB points

LBrown

So my goal for my overall Math Studies grade is a 6, and we are currently working on the IA. When I was looking at the rubric however, it does not convert from the points on the rubric to what the IB grade would be (1-7) and I was wondering if anyone knew the boundaries for each score?

• 3 weeks later...

I was having the exact same problem! After some tedious searching, I came across the grade boundaries for the May 2014 exam session. It shows the point distribution for most, if not all, IB subjects. Like all IB subjects, the final exam score for Math Studies is based on the internal and external assessments. The IA is worth 20 points and makes up 20% of the final score. Papers 1 and 2 (the external assessments) are worth 40% each. I will link and attach the file below. It's organized alphabetically. The charts are a little confusing so I'll break it down for you: 

1-4 points = 1 

5-6 points = 2

7-8 points = 3 

9-11 points = 4 

12-14 points = 5

15-16 points = 6 

17-20 points = 7

Here's the link

201405_Grade_Boundaries.pdf

Apparently there are different exams for different times zones, and therefore different grade boundaries, but they seem to be identical for the Math Studies IA. You can also use the file to figure out how many points you'll need on the external assessment to get the score you want. Good luck!

• Like 1