0.75% off from a 7 in SL Econ; remark or no

moneyfaery

I just wanna know what you think my chances are of getting marked up to a 7. I had 19/25 on paper 1 and 48/60 on paper 2.

My paper 1 was the highest mark out of the whole class. The overall class average was a high 6. Considering I didn't even finish writing paper 1, is 19/25 normal? Maybe the examiner didn't notice or something...

Comment, please.

I forgot to mention that for paper 1, 19/25 was a 7 while for paper 2, 45/60 was a 7, meaning that I had 7s on both papers.

My only concern would be that the examiner overmarked. I hope that's not the case.

All I would need is a 1 mark increase in either of the papers.

Edited by moneyfaery

You have nothing to lose grades-wise. If it's a money issue, then I think 0.75% is worth the risk (although make sure the school will still take remark requests...I thought today was our coordinator's deadline).

If your paper 1 has a chance of going down keep in mind that your paper 2 may also have a chance at going up (and by a greater margin too, since paper 2 is out of 60, way more marks than 25).

Edited by Mr. Shiver

^ Final IB grades are determined by your component marks, not component levels. So, a 7 7 6 in the components, for example, doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a 7 overall, because it's the marks that translated to those component levels which are weighted to get a final mark (%), which then shows up as a final level grade using the overall grade boundaries.

Edited by Mr. Shiver

although make sure the school will still take remark requests...I thought today was our coordinator's deadline

She made an exception for me, tehe. I did get harangued about the deadline being 3:00pm today though.

Oh..if you got 7 in both papers then why didn't you get 7 overall?

I didn't do so well on my IA, which coincidentally got marked down by 1 point, thus giving me a 6. ^_^

If your paper 1 has a chance of going down keep in mind that your paper 2 may also have a chance at going up (and by a greater margin too, since paper 2 is out of 60, way more marks than 25).

I still that have weird feeling that I was overmarked and now I will be marked correctly and adjusted accordingly. It could be that I'm pessimistic; I dunno. I did decide to get a remark though. Thanks, guys. ^_^

She made an exception for me, tehe. I did get harangued about the deadline being 3:00pm today though.

I didn't do so well on my IA, which coincidentally got marked down by 1 point, thus giving me a 6. ^_^

I still that have weird feeling that I was overmarked and now I will be marked correctly and adjusted accordingly. It could be that I'm pessimistic; I dunno. I did decide to get a remark though. Thanks, guys. ^_^

They can't mark you down when requesting a remark. (called an enquiry upon results, in IB terms, btw :P ) Starting from M09, they can mark you down if you do an EuR.