If failed IB, what to do?

All I desire is to go to university, get a job and live normally. But fate will not let me do it. Therefore I am useless, and I feel like I must punish myself for it. Totally useless, waste of education, unable to discuss this with anyone, and having to hide it everyday with a fake smile and pretending everything is alright- And today, I look around and everyone is succeeding to go to a uni and later on succeed with their normal lives. While I lag behind everyone moves forward. I am not needed.

There is simply too many expectations. I cannot carry on with a fresh brain. My mind will not let me do that At all.

You guys are strong- I am afraid I am not. I am mentally weak although in appearance I Look different- but hey, it's all about success. I rather be looking weak in appearance and have such strong mind, and actually getting somewhere rather than the opposite.

Today, I thought about calling the suicide hotline but I am afraid they will record everyhtjng I say, and find out all my personal information. I am tired, sick of all of this. I had enough of this misery.

We are as strong as you are, heck, even less! We all had our ups and downs and we all got through them - no matter if our heart was broken, if we failed our exams, or whether we dropped out of university. Life is a constant struggle, and I'm not going to say "Be greatful, because other have it worse!", as it's the same as saying "You can't be happy, other have it better than you!". People said that to me, but they never  understood what I felt and how I felt. They didn't know what was going inside my head, and that what they saw as light at the end of the tunnel, I saw a train that was going to kill me. I made the mistake I hope you will never have to make - but it showed me many things. People do care, they are just so busy with their lives that they don't see someting's wrong untill it's too late.

And remeber, slow progress is better than no progress. No matter whether it's school, uni, job, or just simply - life. There is always time to change the road you're on.

Edited by mac117
  • Like 1

Whoa, bro! we're all here for you. this is why we have the IB Survival community. We're all like family here and we're all going through the same struggles. Some even more than you & I. Think of those struggling with family problems in the middle east and still doing the IB and putting up with everything that it entails. We're all aspiring to be more than what we are today and on our way there each of us is going to fall once or twice but that doesn't mean it's the end of the road. Do talk to your friends, and bring back the positivity that you say you once had. Trust me. Hope your exams go well in May buddy. :) cheers!

Suicide is not an answer! Please don't go there. I know IB is hard and it is kicking my butt too. But don't give up! Never give up, just stay calm, eat some chocolate. If you are studying all day stop! Study for an hour then take a 5 to 10 minute break, do something artistic, listen to happy music, eat something yummy. Take one day at least and do nothing related to school! It helps so much. Do some art, hang with friends. two or three times a week go to a friends house and hang, marathon a couple movies or tv show, play games just for two or three hours. Two or three hours three times a week and one day off is okay compared to how much studying I image you will be doing.

Apply to other colleges, remember you can always work your way up. For example you can go to a community college, while this may not be what you want, chances are that you will get in are high, you can make up failed classes then transfer to a higher end college. (And you don't have to take SAT's if you get an associates degree at the community college to transfer to other colleges. (at least that is the way it is in the states))

Remember to relax and stay calm. Remember it is okay to take breaks with friends. Everything will turn out alright, you will see. It might take some time and effort but everything will turn out okay in the end. :)

• 2 years later...

Hey dude, just do what you like most, and if it is art, it will get u a proper job if u study well and understand it. Honestly your stress is cause youre stopping yourself from doing something you know u want but also have doubts about. Dont kill yourself, just apply to art school and submit your profolios <3 u got dis. U prob already did something with ur lyfe, hope it was good

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

hey man, 

i hope you are okay and you are well.

i hope you realized that your life and worth arent determined by some stupid grades and numbers on papers.

your life and being are worth so much more.

reply to us and let us know how you tackled this problem and where you are now in your life. 

we will be waiting for your reply

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Suicide will not solve your problems! IB is a bitch and we're all struggling in our own ways. Keep calm and take it easy. This is not the end for you! The world is so full of possibilities and opportunities and life brings surprises all the time :) Do your best when you're studying for your exams..you still have 2 months. After you've done your best you can apply for universities next year (or after summer?)...maybe take a gap year to relax and explore life? And the fact that you're good with art is amazing. Do you know how many "proper jobs" you can get with good artistic skills? Be more open-minded and the world will be more opportunistic :)

• 1 year later...

Yoooooooooooo what happened to this dude. Is he ok? Bro, the extra credit hours you get from doing IB are so worth the suicidal thoughts and stuff. Like, when i got into UCLA. i got so much credit hours dude. Its worth it bro, I got a 45 without that much stress, IB is honestly so easy dude. But good luck man, I hope you do well on your exams bro.

On 4/17/2021 at 10:34 PM, lil-TJ said:

Yoooooooooooo what happened to this dude. Is he ok? Bro, the extra credit hours you get from doing IB are so worth the suicidal thoughts and stuff. Like, when i got into UCLA. i got so much credit hours dude. Its worth it bro, I got a 45 without that much stress, IB is honestly so easy dude. But good luck man, I hope you do well on your exams bro.

what subjects do you take? do you mind helping me..

• 2 years later...
On 4/17/2021 at 11:34 PM, lil-TJ said:

Oh how so very considerate of you to flaunt how well you did and how "easy" it is. So helpful.