Most overrated book/series?

Rosalina

I personally dont really have any overrated book series.

I guess I'm just an easy person to please. I loved Divergent (including allegiant and the ending) I loved the hunger games (although the 3rd book was a bit boring for me, but I still read the 3 books in 1 day). I love game of thrones, Fahrenheit 451, the giver, Harry Potter, etc...

I must admit I dont like Twilight and 50 shades and things like that, but I can see why people like them, I dont think theyre overrated.

The Hunger Games has already garnered so much hatred in this one post, that there's no need for me to state my own hateful opinion on it.

I also second @Rosalina on her opinion on the Inkheart Trilogy. The first book was alright but I barely made it halfway through the second. Barely. 

Then there's the Divergent Trilogy, pretty much the same as The Hunger Games. Seems like everyone got here before I did!

Weirdly enough I liked some of John Green's books. That is, until I read the third and realized that I was reading the same book with differently named characters...

I didn't enjoy the classic Little Women, either. It was dull and preachy throughout most of it, aside from Jo who I found to be a truly inspired character.

I'm forgetting a lot of names, but I don't want this to be a rant. So I'll stop here.

Pretty much anything that John Green writes, because it panders to teenagers who believe they're super unique and it's stupidly pretentious, but it's a young adult novel?

I thought the Hunger Games trilogy was okay, but it's not an amazing work of literature. I couldn't really get into Harry Potter, after the fourth book I got about 100 pages into Order of the Phoenix and had to stop because I couldn't do it anymore. I don't really like modern dystopian literature because it's often very formulaic and flat.

• Like 1