how many of you guys watch anime

THEliberator

Ok so since many of you are watching anime and are experienced in it, I have a question.

I'm a total newbie, know nothing about anime and what it's all about. I like sci fi and am not really into romantic type of movies etc.

I heard that something with "alchemist" in it is a very good anime but again, I know nothing about it.

Any recommendations for a beginner would be helpful. :)

Well, I don't watch anime too often, but there a couple I loved: (but never got around to finishing)

(a) Death note. Mystery, suspense and kick ass story.

(b) Attack on Titan: Blood, violence, little to no romance. general awesomeness

© Dragon Ball: Enough Said

(d) Pokemon: Everyone knows this.

Now stuff I've heard is good:

(a) Code Gieas: Or something along those lines. Mystery/action. But apparently has some nudity at times.

(b) Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood: Again, fantasy kinda thing.

(d) Naruto: Season 1 is awesome. Season 2 (or Shipuden) in my opinion sucks. All the awesome characters are underplayed.

So hope this helps, but since I'm not a huge anime fan, guess it probably wont.

Cheers,

King112

Thank you, it did! I'm going to start watching The Fullmetal Alchemist :)

• 1 month later...

pokemon...?   :D

But really, has anyone seen Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso and No Game No Life? They're two of my faves from last year! I also really love Madoka Magica 

No Game No Life was actually the funniest anime I've ever seen in my life. I've never laughed so hard at an anime. I would have to pause the video every three minutes because I'd be laughing too hard at something that I wasn't even paying attention to the episode. And, yeah, Madoka Magica is pretty bomb.  <3 I also love Clannad, Anohana, SAO (not the second season or the second half of the first season. Just Asuna time), SNK, Kiniro Mosaic, Black Bullet, Noragami, No. 6 (the manga, not the anime), Psycho Pass, Free!, Another (YESSSSS), Fruits Basket, Princess Tutu (for some reason?), Kill la Kill, Rakuen Tsuiho, Shugo Chara, OHSHC, Blue Exorcist, Strike the Blood, Kyoukai no Kanata, Arcana Famiglia, Valkyria Chronicles, Sukitte Iinayo, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Chuunibyo, Amnesia (one of my first animes)... etc., I guess. I can't really think of any more I've watched off the top of my head.

Edited by kristinamontinola

Oh my god yessssss

I'm obsessed with anime and manga! I watched many many of those in grade 9 and 10 but IB is rough on me so I'm reading mangas more than I watch anime. It takes less time.

I forever regret the day before the exam last year, when I suddenly got into One Piece. Gintama and detective Conan came before that and multiple others.

First anime was FMAB.

• 1 month later...

I can't even describe how much I love anime. True, I am still in pre-IB so I have time, but I started nearly 3 and a half months ago. I've managed to watch over 100 anime (including movies, OVAs, ONAs and specials) in that time and keep my grades pretty decent (well, for pre-IB at least XD). I really can't count all the anime I've watched, I do have a MAL account (MyAnimeList), so the stuff is there. I am currently reading Spice and Wolf, the light novel. Unfortunately, the anime never finished the story and ended on volume 5 (out of 17 in the novel), and I HAD to go read the story. I am really enjoying the novel, a lot!! 

In a way I fear the IB because I won't have so much time :(

I could say my 3 favourite anime would be Spice and Wolf, Clannad and Hunter x Hunter. Some of the other anime I rated 10 would be Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Spirited Away, Wolf Children and whatnot, generally considered good anime. I have an aversion towards Naruto, One Piece and Bleach, so I doubt I'll watch them any time soon. 

I am a total weeaboo lel, not even going to hide behind "Otaku", but I am able to control procrastination if I'm cornered, no matter what time limit it is, including a few days/weeks.

And I guess IB is going to be too much of a hassle, so I'll watch as most as I can during the rest of my pre-IB year. 

Edited by Marino Linić

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

lmao i cant remember how much anime ive watched, but ive definetly read a lot more manga. just to give you a scope, ive watched one piece, bleach, naruto + shippuden, fairy tail, DB+Z+GT, Hunter X Hunter, then there all the ones with a lot less eps, like Berserk, shokugeki, death note, kenichi, attack on titan, kabaneri, DXD, parasyte and i can seriously go on for days lol. however, to be truthful, ive dropped all anime in favour of reading manga thesse past 2 years, and even then i only keep myself up to date with One Piece, shokugeki no soma, prison school, and Tokyo Ghoul: re. lol its not a lot, but hopefully my dropping anime will pay me back in the end lol. but ive barely managed to let go of kdrama to be honest.

btw, thumbs up to whoever has read berserk, and has remained sane!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've watched a few: Fairy Tail, Attack On Titan, Angel Beats, Tokyo ESP

I gotta get back into them :P Took a break for a while, i've mainly watched TV Shows for the past year

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...