Sharing My Detailed IB Maths Standard Level Review Notes

steve.muench

This is really, really helpful! :yahoo:  I must admit, first I thought it was a scam (because of it is your first post), so I was a little hesitant. 

But I must admit that this looks really good, and I was wondering if this would apply for my exams May 2016? 

Yes, the notes look great! Thanks Steve.

And the current syllabus for Maths has been in effect since May 2014, so yeah it's applicable for May 2016.

I majored in Math at UC Berkeley back in 1989, but because I've worked since then in the computer industry I haven't had much of a chance to recharge my math "batteries" until this year when my 12th grade daughter's class needed some intensive test prep revision help... Glad it might be of some use to others...

If anyone knows of any other popular IB Maths related forums where I should mention it, I'd be glad to post a link there, too.

• Like 3

Although I've done HL... and then a course in engineering, I still find these notes very useful for a quick look-up of stuff I've forgotten (especially in probability that I've barely touched recently). Thanks a lot for this!

Edited by Slovakov

As an engineering major/math minor these notes were a great little refresher for some of the more fundamental stuff I haven't really touched in a while. I would have killed to have something like this back in my IB days. Thanks for sharing!

The April 29th version of the document contains a new section 3.13.2 on using right triangles to solve trigonometric problems when the angle is obtuse. It was something that confused some of the students I was tutoring last weekend, so I figured it was worth updating the notes to cover that. 

Ok, I came across Matrices in the notes. Isn't Matrices excluded from the syllabus??? I'm having a heart ache because we were never taught Matrices in school because as per my teachers' knowledge it's taken off the portion!! Somebody please confirm