Australian universities that accept predicted grades?

Hi there, I'm aspiring to study Medicine in Australia, preferably in the state of NSW. So in Australia, as you may know, applications for universities work with the UAC (http://www.uac.edu.au), which controls the admissions and submits them to most universities around Australia (as some universities control admissions directly without the affiliation with UAC, but most are affiliated). But as per the UAC's website FAQ section, they don't work with predicted grades and will only take in the final results once they're released (in my case, July 2016).

The problem is, my school will start making us apply to universities starting this September (in IB2) as most of the students are applying to either the UK or USA, both of which work with predicted grades and give offers based on them.

What am I to do? Are there universities in Australia that do place offers based on predicted grades?

In australia theres three ways to go with your grades into uni. either you go through uac where you submit your preferences for the courses you want and then when you get your grades, you can change those preferences to make sure you will get in or leave them as they are if you're still confident with those choses. Some universities (Mcquarie in sydney and ANU in canberra) that offer places on your predicted grades but i don't really know how that works because I've never done it (I've never done any of these options actually because i'm applying this year). The other way is some universities have mid year enrolments and i don't really know how that works but i think you need to look on the university website.

so basically if you're going through uac it doesn't look at your predicted grades, you just apply to courses and when your grades are released you can change those courses to make sure you get in

also if you do the ib exams in may, our school year starts in march so you would have missed the beginning of the year? so would you be applying for the year after? because then you use your real grades when they come out

Edited by ibprincess
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...