IOP conclusion?

ShootingStar16

So, my IOP is on Tuesday and I have almost everything done, but I'm stuck on how to write the conclusion. It's a comparative IOP (I'm comparing thematic views on death between "Only Death" and Macbeth's 'life's but a walking shadow soliloquy'). I have never done anything comparative for English before.. What am I supposed to talk about in the conclusion? My IOP is thematic based, so will talking about human nature in relation to the concept of death suffice? 

Any help is appreciated! Thanks! 

Edited by ShootingStar16

As mentioned, it is simply an essay conclusion. Your conclusion doesn't necessarily have to relate to everyday lives, but it should answer the "so what" question in the sense that it gives a deeper meaning to what you've just spoken about.

Think of it this way: You've spoken about your topic for about 11 minutes thus far, but why should anyone really care? What final development can you make that gives more meaning and simultaneously sounds conclusive?

Good luck!

• Like 2

Yes -- all responses so far have hit things on the head -- asking the "So what...?" will extend your IOP into the larger arena of human concerns (not sure how else to put that), so you will be saying something *significant*. 

You could think also WHAT exactly makes these two texts/authors distinct or unique (or just plain interesting) in how they present these universal ideas. You will have provided literary references in your talk, but here again the "so what" applies -- so these two writers deal with these themes artistically -- so what do we make of that?

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 2