I don't really understand theory of the firm

NO ITS NOT JUST YOU ME TOO HAHAHA

technically, you could do exactly that! but i think the best thing to do would be to try and spend some extra time attempting to comprehend everything. i know i dont really want to be boxed into not really being able to pick my essay, and what else is great about theory of the firm is that theres SO MUCH, so if you know the content, writing the essay shouldnt be too bad

but im a 1st year IB student too, so im just as inexperienced as you are :/ but that my take on things!

btw its great to see another HKer on here! which school do you go to?

• Like 1

Hi,

Well theory of the Firm is Hard. But essentially, it can be boiled down to a few simple concepts. Once you get a grasp pf those, it falls into place really, really quick.

So for example: If you understand how stuff like what a monopoly is, what perfect competition is, it falls into place real quick. And from what I know, you can't avoid theory of the firm. There is a choice between which of the 2 essays you want, but Theory of the firm is 99.99% always there. That's what my teacher said anyways.

But other than that, lets say you skip it in the essays, what if it shows up in the Math paper? Or Paper 1? I think you should try to figure out Theory of the Firm rather than run away, because it will come back.

If you want, I could help a bit. I'm personally studying for my exams, so i might take a bit longer to reply to PMs, but I can help. If there is something you don't understand, you can always post it here, and someone will definitely help you.

Trust me, it really isn't all that bad once you understand the key concepts.

Hope this helps,

King112

• Like 1

technically, you could do exactly that! but i think the best thing to do would be to try and spend some extra time attempting to comprehend everything. i know i dont really want to be boxed into not really being able to pick my essay, and what else is great about theory of the firm is that theres SO MUCH, so if you know the content, writing the essay shouldnt be too bad

but im a 1st year IB student too, so im just as inexperienced as you are :/ but that my take on things!

lol stuff it i'll just get a tutor over summer and just try to master it XD

haha I go to west island...which school do u go to :P 

Hi,

Well theory of the Firm is Hard. But essentially, it can be boiled down to a few simple concepts. Once you get a grasp pf those, it falls into place really, really quick.

So for example: If you understand how stuff like what a monopoly is, what perfect competition is, it falls into place real quick. And from what I know, you can't avoid theory of the firm. There is a choice between which of the 2 essays you want, but Theory of the firm is 99.99% always there. That's what my teacher said anyways.

But other than that, lets say you skip it in the essays, what if it shows up in the Math paper? Or Paper 1? I think you should try to figure out Theory of the Firm rather than run away, because it will come back.

If you want, I could help a bit. I'm personally studying for my exams, so i might take a bit longer to reply to PMs, but I can help. If there is something you don't understand, you can always post it here, and someone will definitely help you.

Trust me, it really isn't all that bad once you understand the key concepts.

Hope this helps,

King112

haha thanks for the offer but it seems like i just get really confused with the graphs and how to draw them...lol the number of lines is just REALLY confusing lol

i go to sha tin college! hehe

i think before you get a tutor, try and ask your friends, or ask your teacher for help (maybe you could grab a lunchtime session w/ them?). if you do manage to learn from that, itll save you the dolla dolla billz in the long run

i go to sha tin college! hehe

i think before you get a tutor, try and ask your friends, or ask your teacher for help (maybe you could grab a lunchtime session w/ them?). if you do manage to learn from that, itll save you the dolla dolla billz in the long run

haha idk if the teacher even knows my name lol coz i sit in the back and i rarely answer questions