Sign in to follow this  

Need help with my question/statement for EE?

I'm having some trouble figuring out just where I want to go with my topic. So far I have chosen English Literature and I would like to analyze the significance of names in regards to identity, and I would like to analyze this within the novels Anthem by Ayn Rand and We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. I'm not really sure where to go from here, I mean I know I have to form my question/statement and choose my sub topics but its proving very difficult for me. I was just hoping someone could provide some insight for me and help me get my thoughts flowing.

I think you just created your thesis over there, "I would like to analyze the significance of names in regards to identity." Make it broader from there; states which part of the book is significant, find examples from the book to support your thesis. If you don't mind, what kind of significances are there in the book--how are the names so special?