Engineering and IB Diploma

Bitte

Yes but it's not impossible. Even if you took all of those at HL, that'd only cover maybe your first year maximum. You'll end up going wayyyyy beyond that. But they usually ease you into it, so don't get freaked out because you can't understand a thermodynamics problem meant for a third year engineering student when you're still in high school.

You'll be used to doing a ton of work though, which is a nice benefit.

I'm an IB engineering student and by all i've been told, taking phyics HL, Math Hl and another science such as chemistry or Biology (at HL or SL) is perfectly acceptable for going into an engineering degree.

Apparently having a 6-7 in some of these subject also apparently gives you college credit and lets you skip the first year In some colleges.

In terms of acceptance having Math HL, physics HL and another science should be far enough as for example HL Math is really advanced compared to most other academic systems. Most of the top universtities ask for a 6-7 in both math and physics and some ask for a 6-7 in all your HL subjects.

I personally take Math HL, Phyiscs HL and Chem SL. Although most top universities also ask for a high overall grade (from 39-42 points usually). In SL I take English literature, Spanish A language and literature and chemistry, although if you are really focussed on engineering I would advise taking easier SL courses, to boost your overall IB grade and be able to focus more on your HLs, but remember you must also have all the engineer required courses (Math HL, Physics HL and another science).

Hope this helps! :)