How much did/are you studying for the exams?

I only started last Friday. My plan is to study 6-7 hours every day, totaling some 10-12 hours per course, plus the studying a few days before each exam. So far its going well.

I was wondering how much time did you guys invest in studying for your exams. Did you start studying 2 months beforehand? Or, like me, started studying a couple weeks before the tests?

I think I'm cutting it a bit close with the time, but so far it seems like I'll barely manage to study all the topics. Do you guys think that I'm devoting enough time to studying?

(My classes are: HL: History, English B, Latinamerican Literature. SL: Physics, Math, Biology.)

Well it depends on how efficiently you're studying and how well you're able to recall and apply concepts from each course. It's very individualistic, how much time, preparations and whatnot makes a person prepared. 

I only have two IB exams this year but it's still two too many...I started on Math right after March break so I'm pretty prepared thus far. Chemistry is another story. *cries*

• Like 1

I also have two exams this year, just history and English.

I started studying for history about four weeks ago, I believe. But this is mainly because my history teacher is not inclined to teach us very well and I only realized this about four weeks ago! So my "revision" for history is mostly learning the topics for the first time. Nevertheless, it is going well.

As for English, I've been reviewing for the past month or so, but that is because we have been doing the Paper 2 books this past month. It's not particularly tangible to study for English anyway, but I believe I'm making good progress with my practice exams.

I much prefer gradual studying over a long period of time rather than concentrated studying two weeks before the exam... But that is just my own opinion. As IbTrojan said, studying is highly individualistic. Good luck nonetheless!

I would start studying a month before even if possible. This is simply as memory develops better in the long-term.

Anyways if this isn't possible and you are at the phase of intensive study, start by reading the textbook (preferably out loud to employ aurical and oral learning to your study). Then if there is questions within the textbook answer them as you read. After having done this write down all the neccessary equations/definitions/facts of each topic. Next use th syllabus to write up all the esential notes for all the topics in each subject. As a break watch some revision videos and finally do variois subject pastpapers. Do these pastpapers along woth the markscheme, correcting or referencing the answers after each question. You can copy off the answers, but make sure most of all, that you fully understand the reasons behind the answers and reflect upon them. Finally just read over your notes once more to memorise and understand the subject.

Thats my full guide on how to intensively study!

Hope it helps :)