So my teacher forgot to teach an option...

h0rr0rsh0w

So, my teacher hasn't been very helpful these past years. Maybe Wednesday last, he tells us that we will have to self-teach option F. We haven't covered much of anything in that option, and I find it difficult because of so much memorization. Do you all think it would be better for me to self-teach an option we know more of (evolution), or just stick to what he says we should do? Either way, I don't think I'll be anywhere near prepared enough, so I'd like to know which seems to be easier to you all. Thanks!

I think you have to study that one, because teachers will let the IB know which options they taught (or didnt, in your case) and that's the paper they send. I may be wrong in that, but it's what my teachers have told me.

I believe Option F is the microbiology or something no? I actually studied that one, and have my notes on them. They're in spanish though, and in atrocious hand-writing, but if you want i can try and make some time and translate them for you in Word. Let me know if you want them, so i can start working on that tomorrow.

I think you have to study that one, because teachers will let the IB know which options they taught (or didnt, in your case) and that's the paper they send. I may be wrong in that, but it's what my teachers have told me.

I believe Option F is the microbiology or something no? I actually studied that one, and have my notes on them. They're in spanish though, and in atrocious hand-writing, but if you want i can try and make some time and translate them for you in Word. Let me know if you want them, so i can start working on that tomorrow.

As far as I've heard, they'll send you all the options on the test paper. As far as the notes, I should be fine if I really need to do that option, I have the Oxford study guide  :D but thanks for the offer!

As ibprincess stated, the Options paper includes all options (as there's no such thing as a paper for each option), so you can freely choose whatever you want to study and take, and do that in the exam. Ideally, you can also study more than one option (if you don't mind the extra load), that way you can have the freedom to choose whichever one you find easiest during the exam just in case your priority option's section has difficult questions in the exam (you can be in the safe side with this method, but more effort is needed too in that case).

Good luck!

A friend of mine studied different option from what my teacher taught in class simply because he didn't like the option taught... Just study what you like the most... All options will be in the paper.... All the best... (May 15 candidate)

HL

Physics

Mathematics

Chemistry

SL

Business and Management

English B

Malay A1