CAS reflections

Hi,

About a week or so ago, I finished two of my CAS activities, and when I had to write the reflections for them, I had a bit of trouble because I was slightly confused with what I had to do. I think for the most part, I know what I have to write about, but one of the main things that was confusing me was the number of reflections you have to write for each activity. Is it just one minimum per activity, or does it have to be more? (By the way, my school [st. Francis Xavier S.S] uses Manage Bac for CAS related stuffz) I was also looking on the page where it says "Add reflections and evidence" and there are several options: Journal, Website, YouTube, Photos and Files. Do you write your reflection under "Journal" or rather upload a separate word document containing the reflection? And also, does the reflection count as a piece of evidence? and if it doesn't how many pieces of evidence do you need to have for each activity?   :confused:

My questions might sound stupid but I couldn't really find any answers to them in the brief and unhelpful guideline that's on the website, so I thought I'd ask the IBSurvival Community 

Hi, my school is also using ManageBac and Journal is for you to write about what happened during the process (like a diary). You could write this after you finish your CAS activity since you know the chronological order of your CAS activity. For reflection, I normally include it together with my journal. Then, by filling the CAS questions (after the activity), you somehow covers most of the reflection criteria. 

Edited by FrozenUnicorn

This is quite a school specific question that might be better addressed if your school's CAS coordinator!

In regards to the number of reflections, it depends. My CAS coordinator allowed us to write one large reflection at the end, especially if it was for activities done several times a week for a very long time (sports, long term volunteer stuff, etc). Your school may require different documentation. Again, ask your coordinator.

• Like 2