IB & a job

Darius

Heya,

So I'm in my second year of IB, my final examinations are in May 2016, so I still have on year left. I'm just wondering if it's possible to have a job on the side while doing IB? Maybe a job on the weekends only? Share your thoughts! I plan on getting a job but I'd like to know what others think about it, maybe someone here already have a job, and if so, is it manageable?

Thanks

Yeah for sure it is! Make sure you're able to balance the two but it's perfectly doable. I have a job starting this summer that will carry out throughout the school year. I'm working once, maybe twice a week so it's manageable. 

I know sooo many students (IB and otherwise) who have part time jobs during the school year and still do well. Trust, it works and it's worth it :)

Very manageable if you are able to manage your time well. I worked all throughout IB1 and did just fine. I didn't work during IB2 for personal reasons, but I could have worked during that time and been fine. My younger sister did IB as well and worked her entire IB years and also did just fine.

Though you'll probably want to make sure you request to not work during your exam periods, it shouldn't be a problem, especially if you're just working on weekends or just a few days a week.