Sign in to follow this  

Can I do a WT2 on a video in a language other than English?

I recently got a written task idea on the viral video "Slap Her", and my teacher is a polyglot so we enjoyed watching the video together and after hearing my ideas for it he told me to go ahead and write up an outline. I was talking to my friend about this and she mentioned that you can only do your written tasks on english-based texts. Now I'm confused and I'm wondering if my teacher overlooked the verbal language aspect (there were English subtitles) and whether it's actually possible for me to do my critical response on that video. Here's the link: â€œSlap her": children's reactions - YouTube. To be clearer I indeed do English L&L HL

Hi Hassty,

Your friend is right: it has to be in English and from a country where English is the or an official language (so one of the main anglo-saxon countries, or India, Nigeria etc). I did the old A1 curriculum but checked this up in the new curr. guide (just to be sure) and it is stated there explicitly.

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 2