Comments on research question for EE

I am doing my extended essay in B&M and I have a hopeless supervisor, can i get some comments on my RQ?

RQ: To what extent would Starbucks arrival into town affect the Deli de Luca’s coffee sales?

-Deli de Luca is a kiosque like 7/11

-Starbucks is opening a new store in the same building as Deli de Luca.

What do you guys think about my RQ?

It is quite funny when you say hopeless supervisor, Haha.  :lol: 

Back to the question, I think your research topic is hard. You have to ask both companies to send you their sales record and it would be rather difficult for you to find the connection between them. I mean, there are many factors that could affect the sales -- season, change in preferences, and so on. So you need to have some very legit and strong evidence to argue and to prove your point. 

I am not sure though, I deem it will be a challenge. but all the best  :) 

I am doing my extended essay in B&M and I have a hopeless supervisor, can i get some comments on my RQ?

RQ: To what extent would Starbucks arrival into town affect the Deli de Luca’s coffee sales?

-Deli de Luca is a kiosque like 7/11

-Starbucks is opening a new store in the same building as Deli de Luca.

What do you guys think about my RQ?

Actually, it's quite interesting. And if you explore it correctly it could achieve really good grades. However it might be difficult to work it, because you would need some information that only the companies itself should have.

Edited by BrianHQ

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.
I have a possibility to have insider access to Deli de Luca, and was planning to look for a trend in their sales, since Starbucks have not yet opened.
I had also planned to ask people on the street whether they would go Starbucks or Deli. I will take into account Starbucks popularity in the beginning since it is an established brand and new in town.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I have a possibility to have insider access to Deli de Luca, and was planning to look for a trend in their sales, since Starbucks have not yet opened.

I had also planned to ask people on the street whether they would go Starbucks or Deli. I will take into account Starbucks popularity in the beginning since it is an established brand and new in town.

It sounds awesome. I would say go for it, as long as you are fond of it. That would take a lot of time though, so be prepared. :)