Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, I understand that as of recent, the TOK essay and presentation are both out of a total of 10. If I get a 10 for my presentation, what mark would I need to achieve in the essay to be able to score an A for TOK? I tried looking around for the grade boundaries and was unable to find them for the new TOK marking criteria. All that I found was that the presentation was worth 33% of the total mark and the essay the remaining 67%, not what percentage was required to score an A. 

Thanks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I understand that as of recent, the TOK essay and presentation are both out of a total of 10. If I get a 10 for my presentation, what mark would I need to achieve in the essay to be able to score an A for TOK? I tried looking around for the grade boundaries and was unable to find them for the new TOK marking criteria. All that I found was that the presentation was worth 33% of the total mark and the essay the remaining 67%, not what percentage was required to score an A. 

Thanks. 

As far as I know, if you get a 10 in your presentation, you should obtain a 9 (or 8 - not completely sure) to get an A overall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hi, I understand that as of recent, the TOK essay and presentation are both out of a total of 10. If I get a 10 for my presentation, what mark would I need to achieve in the essay to be able to score an A for TOK? I tried looking around for the grade boundaries and was unable to find them for the new TOK marking criteria. All that I found was that the presentation was worth 33% of the total mark and the essay the remaining 67%, not what percentage was required to score an A. 

Thanks. 

As far as I know, if you get a 10 in your presentation, you should obtain a 9 (or 8 - not completely sure) to get an A overall.

Are you serious? :o Can´t be that high grade boundaries? :o TOK grade boundaries were really low in the previous years (I know it´s new syllabus, but still) (46/60 was an A) 

Edited by Klauu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Hi, I understand that as of recent, the TOK essay and presentation are both out of a total of 10. If I get a 10 for my presentation, what mark would I need to achieve in the essay to be able to score an A for TOK? I tried looking around for the grade boundaries and was unable to find them for the new TOK marking criteria. All that I found was that the presentation was worth 33% of the total mark and the essay the remaining 67%, not what percentage was required to score an A. 

Thanks. 

As far as I know, if you get a 10 in your presentation, you should obtain a 9 (or 8 - not completely sure) to get an A overall.

Are you serious? :o Can´t be that high grade boundaries? :o TOK grade boundaries were really low in the previous years (I know it´s new syllabus, but still) (46/60 was an A) 

 

Well it's out of 10 now, not 60 :P 

So it's either 9-10 is an A, or 8-10 is an A. Not so sure, probably the 9-10 :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Hi, I understand that as of recent, the TOK essay and presentation are both out of a total of 10. If I get a 10 for my presentation, what mark would I need to achieve in the essay to be able to score an A for TOK? I tried looking around for the grade boundaries and was unable to find them for the new TOK marking criteria. All that I found was that the presentation was worth 33% of the total mark and the essay the remaining 67%, not what percentage was required to score an A. 

Thanks. 

As far as I know, if you get a 10 in your presentation, you should obtain a 9 (or 8 - not completely sure) to get an A overall.

Are you serious? :o Can´t be that high grade boundaries? :o TOK grade boundaries were really low in the previous years (I know it´s new syllabus, but still) (46/60 was an A)

Wow that is really high. I was hoping a 7/10 would cut it as that would have really lifted some pressure. Is it likely for the grade boundaries for TOK to be released with the marks of the May 2015 cohort?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Hi, I understand that as of recent, the TOK essay and presentation are both out of a total of 10. If I get a 10 for my presentation, what mark would I need to achieve in the essay to be able to score an A for TOK? I tried looking around for the grade boundaries and was unable to find them for the new TOK marking criteria. All that I found was that the presentation was worth 33% of the total mark and the essay the remaining 67%, not what percentage was required to score an A. 

Thanks. 

As far as I know, if you get a 10 in your presentation, you should obtain a 9 (or 8 - not completely sure) to get an A overall.

Are you serious? :o Can´t be that high grade boundaries? :o TOK grade boundaries were really low in the previous years (I know it´s new syllabus, but still) (46/60 was an A)

Wow that is really high. I was hoping a 7/10 would cut it as that would have really lifted some pressure. Is it likely for the grade boundaries for TOK to be released with the marks of the May 2015 cohort?

 

Well probably, I remember for us this year that 7-8 was a B... so :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

Hi, I understand that as of recent, the TOK essay and presentation are both out of a total of 10. If I get a 10 for my presentation, what mark would I need to achieve in the essay to be able to score an A for TOK? I tried looking around for the grade boundaries and was unable to find them for the new TOK marking criteria. All that I found was that the presentation was worth 33% of the total mark and the essay the remaining 67%, not what percentage was required to score an A. 

Thanks. 

As far as I know, if you get a 10 in your presentation, you should obtain a 9 (or 8 - not completely sure) to get an A overall.

Are you serious? :o Can´t be that high grade boundaries? :o TOK grade boundaries were really low in the previous years (I know it´s new syllabus, but still) (46/60 was an A)

Wow that is really high. I was hoping a 7/10 would cut it as that would have really lifted some pressure. Is it likely for the grade boundaries for TOK to be released with the marks of the May 2015 cohort?

 

Well probably, I remember for us this year that 7-8 was a B... so :P

 

But Baller97, remember that these grade boundaries were tentative boundaries given to you by your school since you're the first group to do the new syllabus in May 2015. There hasn't been any official grade boundaries released since it hasn't been examined before. The only last one given was from 2014 which was out of 60. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see :P 

By the way, although not official, it is said that new syllabi examined for the first time tend to have slightly lower grade boundaries since, well... it hasn't been examined before and teachers/students aren't given enough resources to deal in the first years of the syllabus. (it's just a superstition, but one I kind of believe in too) :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember seeing somewhere that 90%+ is an A for TOK... not sure where though.

Well, I don't know about that, as of the current old syllabus boundaries, 46/60 is an A, and that's about 76%. So I'd say 80% and over is an A to be on the safe side.

Who knows? The new syllabus might be more rigorous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.