Sign in to follow this  

May15 May 2015 - Exam DISCUSSION Schedule

How can we create an exam discussion? Will the moderators do it and people can just join in and comment?

I am sorry I am new to this website and I am not quite sure how it exactly works. Please let me know. 

• Like 1

aboker7 and zoecsw, go to the main ibsurvival webpage and scroll down to the bottom and click on the exam discussion tab. Once a post is approved by a moderator, the May 2015 exam queries will flow in as long as the 24 hour rule is satisfied. 

• Like 3

I am still waiting for English A literature SL please create the forum for that as well

Can we have a discussion on the Psychology HL paper 1 yet? :o 

"The topics you start are invisible until a staff member approves it."

TO ANYONE WAITING FOR A THREAD TO BE CREATED:

As the part I put in quotation marks from the top says, it is up to you to create the threads. We (and mostly I, I think) will approve them to be made public when the time comes, but I'm not making the discussion threads themselves. 

Guys, I have a serious question. I had a language exam today (an essay), and I was caught writing some words on my hand before the exam. All I wrote was the title of the book and the authors. I am really terrified of what the IB would do to me. Will they not give me and IB diploma? Or what do you think the consequences of my actions will be? Please help I am in shock right now. I mean its not that big of a deal is it? It's not like I can cheat in an IB essay exam. and besides, all i wrote was the name of the author and the title of the book...

Did your invigilator or IB coordinator talk to you?

I know what you did was quite innocent, but you have to realise what it would look like to an invigilator...

I don't know the details about any possible consequences, but I would probably talk to your IB coordinator. Of course the best option would have been for you to immediately explain yourself and show that you've only written the name of the book etc. 

If time has passed, it's basically your word against the invigilator's (or whoever caught you)

Just a piece of advice, don't try to do anything similar in the exams to come. It's just not worth losing your diploma for, even if it isn't 'technically' cheating.   :(

I talked to my IB Coordinator and he said I had to write an explanation explaining the situation and it had to be sent to the IBO. He said that they would probably reply back around july. He also said that I could get a 0 for the class or I would have to retake the exam on november. What I'm really afraid of is would it affect my university application. I have been accepted to a university in the states and is currently filling my i20. Will the university still accept me? I'm really worried it would cause my acceptance. and thanks for replying.

Well, just be honest in writing your explanation and hope for the best. Not much else you can do. 

I'm not sure how it will affect your university application, if they fail you for cheating then probably negatively. 

A university in the states; as in the U.S.? If that's the case, normally acceptance isn't conditional, so you should be fine. I'd talk to your university.

Guys, I want to know how did Physics HL and maths HL go for the students in dubai and abroad?

Was the portion sufficient or did they give you excess for the exam?