IB Computer Science HL?

Hey ssuupp guys. I'm probably gonna take Computer Science HL in IB next year because I want to go to a decent engineering university and become a software engineer. 

Has anyone, or is anyone taking CS HL? What exactly do you learn in the course? Do you learn different programming languages or just Java? 

Thanks! 

hi! i take computer science at HL, we don't take a specific programming language we take the basics of pseudocode and how to contract algorithms in pseudocode. In my school they taught us HTML and HTML5 as extra material but it isn't part of the syllabus. If you're wondering what we take exactly, we take about all the aspects in computer science! both software and hardware. there are topics such as networks where we learn about networking and the internet and topics like computer organization where we learn the fundamental aspects of the computer in both hardware and software! there are many more topics but this can give you an idea of what its about.

Hi! I have CS HL and I have Java at school. I've had some basics of C++ before we started Java as well, I remember nothing out of that though.

In terms of the curriculum, it covers computer science aspects in general, without that much details. It gives you the general idea about the science and personally I think it is really good. 

The language they will teach you at school depends on the chosen option I think, and in case of the Object Oriented Programming it should be Java as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by domi_d