Psychology Paper 3 question

jolthan

Hello all,

With the paper 2 coming two days later, I wanted to clarify if my method of studying for the paper 2 works.

By looking at past paper 2 questions, three questions from different topics in an option are asked.

Furthermore, no two questions are from the same topic. For example, in the option health, if the learning outcome "discuss physiological, psychological and social aspects of stress" is asked, the other outcome "Evaluate strategies for coping with stress" is not likely to be asked. (instead, the other questions will most likely be about obesity etc)

Therefore, I would like to enquire if it's alright to simply study one section of the topic and memorize every damn quote, or might it be possible that the 2015 exam will surprise us with questions from the same topic.

Edited by jolthan

I have also narrowed down what I am studying. I am doing HL, so I found it quite difficult to take away any material in the chapter about abnormal behaviour, however it was a different case for Health psychology. I have chosen to only focus on stress and obesity and not addictive behaviour or Health promotion. I have done that because stress and obesity are the two main sections in the chapter, and the chance of not any of them being asked as a question is so small. I don't know if that's exactly what you are asking about, and it might be a bit late as the exam is tomorrow..But that's at least how I have narrowed it down.