Economics EE help! Airlines?

ritaalmeida

I need help!!

I'm doing my Extended Essay in Economics and I chose to do it on the airline industry. I wanted to do it about price discrimination and how a specific airline uses it (How does TAP use (third degree) price discrimination in order to increase revenue?) I talked about when you book you're flights and such but my teacher said I wouldn't find enough info on it.. Also, I am now realising how hard it actually to research on this because all of the information I can find is too broad and general to all airlines.

She told me I should do it on market structures, something along the lines of "To what extent is the market for Lisbon to London flights an oligopoly?"

Does anyone know how I can find information on this kind of thing?? How can I research stuff on market power and such=

I have a draft due in a week and I'm starting to panic. 

Thanks guys

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 10/15/2016 at 9:38 PM, valeria.amoes said:

Heyyy! Did you end up doing the topic you mentioned? What were the outcomes? I am also doing my EE in economics and it has been a struggle.

Hey what did u end up choosing and how did it go? I AM doing me EE in Econ rn.