HI, 

I am creating this topic because of the amount of contradicting information on the subject.

I have completed the May 2014 exam session and passed. 

I chose to retake two subjects in May 2015 session. Bottom line is that exams start very soon and I am not prepared (various causes, don't want to go into detail). 

I have had a passing grade for both of these subjects. I am afraid I might not do so well this time around.

Will the higher grade out of the two examinations be the one which is my final score?

Will me failing the upcoming examination have any impact?

What would happen if I did not show up for the examination?

Will my diploma (assuming it carries all the grades over from 2014) have a date of 2015?

I would be extremely grateful if any of you could shine some light onto the situation as I had some trouble finding the information on the IBO website. 

Thanks.

No, a lower/failing grade in your retake won't make a difference; the higher grade will be on your diploma. Don't know what'll happen if you don't show but shouldn't make a difference considering you have your old diploma and are already in college. 

• Like 1