History IA question

I started my IA a while back.

I changed between topics because for different reasons that has nothing to do with the course.

So this is my IA question.

How has the shooting of Columbine, affected society’s view on fire arms today?

I don't really know if this question is going to be doable.

Teacher told us we need to research something that happen 10> years ago.

Columbine shooting took place in 1999, which is valid, but i am contrasting that event to modern day society.

Is that allowed or not allowed?

And for my other topic which i dropped was basicaly how the atomic bomb change the face of warfare. Decided to drop that because we are already learning about that, not much point in doing what i already know.

If you guys want to see my plan of investigation i can post it.

Umm it is allowed, but one of the IB history teachers at my school told me that it is not encouraged because it is super difficult to do a decent investigation on. It's supposed to be historical and if you're doing comparisons to modern day aspects, you have to be pretty brief when talking about the modern day part. Don't go on and on about it. Can you think of other things to look at for the Columbine shooting? 

Umm it is allowed, but one of the IB history teachers at my school told me that it is not encouraged because it is super difficult to do a decent investigation on. It's supposed to be historical and if you're doing comparisons to modern day aspects, you have to be pretty brief when talking about the modern day part. Don't go on and on about it. Can you think of other things to look at for the Columbine shooting? 

Well is this question valid?

How has the shooting of columbine changed the views of firearms?

or is that too broad?

To what extent did the shooting of columbine affected those who owned fire arms in 1999?

And if ^ question is valid, should i include the "in 1999" parts?