Sign in to follow this  

Do you think I can get into UCL for a medicine course?

Hi guys,

I'm an IB student and am really looking forward into getting accepted into UCL in UK for a medical program(mostly the MBBS/BSc). I will have to apply in 4 months and so far I have finished my 11th grade and even though i got a 39/42 in the first term with:

7 in Chem HL

7 in Bio Hl

6 in Psychology HL

7 in Math SL

6 in Spanish SL

6 in English Land and Lit SL,

and 37/42 in the second term (iwas kind of sick and ended up not being able to prepare well) :/ :

7 in Chem HL

really high 6 in Bio HL

7 in Psychology HL

6 in Spanish AB

really high 6 in Math SL

5 in English L&L SL

Yeah my second trials weren't as good as i expected but the teachers know that i could've done better. So, according to the information I have, 

My predicted grades will be:

7 in Chem HL

7 in Bio HL

7 in Psych HL

7 in Math SL

7 in Spanish SL ( my teacher observed that i was putting in a lot of work and told me she was gonna predict me a 7)

6 in English Lang and Lit SL

So, This gives me a 41/42 and this would probably be what UCL receives from my side. I will be giving my SAT and am hoping for a score between 2100 and 2300. I will be giving my IELTS and am pretty sure I will be able to do well. 

What do you think my chances of getting into UCL are and do you think I should probably do more tests or so? 

Thanks guys :)
Edited by niranjan1998

It'll probably definitely look good on your application. Grade wise, you seem fine :)

Edited by IbTrojan
  • Like 1

Your grades are great. :)

A bit worrying about the 5 HLs though...

My predicted grades will be:

7 in Chem HL
7 in Bio HL
7 in Psych HL
7 in Math HL
7 in Spanish HL ( my teacher observed that i was putting in a lot of work and told me she was gonna predict me a 7)
6 in English Lang and Lit SL

Edited by DudePerfect
  • Like 5

I rang up the admissions office and they said that 38 is their entry requirement and as far as I remember their main point was 19 all together in HL's (7 in chem and 6 in bio) :)

• Like 1