What is the most unhealthiest food of all time?

M&m_Fan99

Hey guys!

I have a question that has been bouncing around on my mind for quite a while now.

You guys may have guessed what it is by reading the Topic Title of this post, but if you missed it, what, in your opinion, is the MOST unhealthhiest food of ALL TIME?

My friend told me that lasagna is the most unhealthy. Is this true?
Also, are Vegi-Chips healthy as they are made out of vegetables?

Happy discussions!

Peace fofo.

• Like 1

In my opinion, it's anything McDonald's. Actually almost all processed foods already have a lower nutrition value than if you were to make it at home simply because of the chemicals put in it for shelf life. It's actually disgusting. 

If you want to find out how gross the stuff really is, take something (i.e. Cheetos) and burn it, then smell it and watch it burn. 

I highly doubt vegi-chips are actually as healthy as if they were made out of vegetables. 

Edited by IbTrojan

Bacon. It's like fried oil plus salt plus all the nasty stuff. The most unhealthiest food of all of time that is. I don't care what people say about healthy fats. I'm right guys case closed.

I don't think tobacco, butter, candy or chocolate counts as food.

This post is not opinionated :)

@IB Trojan, but McDonalds sell bottled water so I don't think everything they sell is unhealthy, also sorry I misunderstood your Vegi-Chips statement.

@CkyBlue, but healthy fats are healthy and 100 per-cent dark chocolate is very high in anti-oxidants and flavan-3-ols and is good for your body. 

Peace fofo.

Edited by M&m_Fan99
  • Like 1

In the US at things like state faires and things like that you can get foods like deep fried oreos, deep fried twinkies, and even deep fried butter. I am not lying.

I've never had any of that because I value my heart health so please don't ask if it's supposed to taste good lol.

Edited by Emmi
  • Like 2

@IB Trojan, but McDonalds sell bottled water so I don't think everything they sell is unhealthy, also sorry I misunderstood your Vegi-Chips statement.

@CkyBlue, but healthy fats are healthy and 100 per-cent dark chocolate is very high in anti-oxidants and flavan-3-ols and is good for your body. 

Peace fofo.

Even bottled water isn't all that great you know.

• Like 2

I think breakfast cereal is the most unhealthy food of all time.
It has high amounts of added sugar and usually lacks fiber along with the other nutrients that come with whole-grains (i.e. breakfast cereals are usually refined grains). This is almost as bad as eating candy! Fiber is needed to prevent blood sugar spikes and when these blood sugar spikes occur, it increases your risk of diabetes.

• Like 1

@Fchaosi_ OMG really? Gosh darn it now I cant eat even eat my favourite cereal anymore... :stfu: How will I ever get on with my day not without a big bowl of Froot Loops in the morning.

@IbTrojan Yeah I know but I'm just saying that not "everything" from McDonalds is unhealthy.

Peace fofo.

• Like 1

I'd say the most unhealthy food is anything with cyanide in it...

But seriously, this is all relative. Someone can say that lasagna is very unhealthy, but that person might be eating an unhealthy lasagna. If it is super processed, contains lots of preservatives, is old, and doesn't have particularly nutritious ingredients, it will be very unhealthy. But it's very easy to eat a homemade, fresh, vegetable and lean meat rich lasagna that's very healthy and tastes great too. 

Same goes for everything else people have listed. "Breakfast cereal" can refer to any number of things. The main complaint on that one is that it doesn't have fiber. Fiber One is a breakfast cereal (a terrible tasting one, but one nonetheless). This question is not specific enough, as there are plenty of types of unhealthy.

The most obvious example of that is that something sweet but healthy (like fruit). That's great, even healthy, for a normal person, right? But for someone with diabetes, too much fruit could be fatal. This is an extreme example, but I think it makes my point clear. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The only thing that's good for you is plants and water - anything else like oil etc is not healthy - of course coconut oil is a healthier option instead of 'butter' or olive oil etc

There are many nutrients not found in plants that are very important for the body, or are only found in very small concentrations in plants. For example, foods richest in amino acids include meat and eggs.

These foods are not unhealthy. Refined vegetable oils, such as canola oil and peanut oil, are definitely unhealthy as they clog arteries; studies have proved this. Trans fats are also unhealthy for the same reason. However, it is a common misconception of people to group all fat containing-foods into a single "unhealthy" group. Nuts contain fats (oils), and they are healthy. Avocados contain fats and they too are healthy. Only refined oils are unhealthy.

Saturated fat - and even fat to an extent - has been victimized by health authorities and further, the media, for decades, but only recently has it been shown that saturated fat is harmless. If anything, the low-fat "movement" has made food unhealthier; companies replace fat with sugar in foods and label them as "low-fat!", so everyone buys them. Don't even get me started on sugar. Added sugar is horrid for health. Fruits are okay even though they contain sugar, because fruit packs fiber, which slows the down the rate at which the sugar hits your bloodstream; but, added sugars are very, very bad.

Lipid containing foods are specifically targeted because:

1. Saturated fat consumption has been found to correlate with cardiovascular heart disease.
  2. Fats are more energy dense than carbohydrates, so it is easy to consume large quantities of kilojoules (calories) and gain weight.
  3. Humans like simplistic models and it is very easy for fatty foods to be connotative of weight gain.

​(Addressing each point:)
Correlation does not equal causation. There are so many other factors at play. Also, there are a lot of exceptions. For example, there are peoples who consume high amounts of saturated fat via high consumption of coconut, and they are very healthy. The French eat a loooot of cheese and they are not unhealthy.

Yes, eating too much fat can make you gain weight... so limit how much you eat! I come from an Italian family, and we always use extra virgin olive oil on almost everything we eat, but we don't drown our foods in the stuff!

The third point is obvious. Come on, what is someone more likely to believe: that a greasy, bacon burger will make you fat, or that a piece of candy does?

Fats are not bad. Artificially produced trans-fats and processed, refined vegetable oils are bad. But, other fats are not unhealthy. I speak very passionately about this, because my family has been using olive oil for a long time!

On another note, butter is also not unhealthy. It contains many vitamins! Margarine is unhealthy though, because it is made from the same process that canola oil is produced by.

Also, removing fats from food can have other effects. For example, studies have shown that calcium in low fat dairy products is not absorbed as easily as it is in full cream milk.

Finally, fat slows down the rate at which sugars hit your bloodstream (like fiber does). Since people have been eating less fats, they have been increasing their consumption of refined carbohydrates, e.g. white bread. Refined carbohydrates are not that bad, they just seem bad because people don't eat them with fat. Adding butter or olive oil or peanut butter or X fat to refined carbohydrates like bread and pasta helps your body because the sugars making up the carbohydrates don't hit your bloodstream as quickly. But nowadays, someone is more likely to eat a big bowl of pasta with low-fat cheese. Whelp, that's a lot of carbohydrates in your body in a short period of time, with no fat to slow down the speed at which they enter your bloodstream. (It would also help if they ate whole grain pasta vs white pasta.)

tl;dr
Processed foods are bad. Whole foods are not bad.
Eat fat, just not too much.

Please ask me if you require any links to sources.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

The only thing that's good for you is plants and water - anything else like oil etc is not healthy - of course coconut oil is a healthier option instead of 'butter' or olive oil etc

There are many nutrients not found in plants that are very important for the body, or are only found in very small concentrations in plants. For example, foods richest in amino acids include meat and eggs.

These foods are not unhealthy. Refined vegetable oils, such as canola oil and peanut oil, are definitely unhealthy as they clog arteries; studies have proved this. Trans fats are also unhealthy for the same reason. However, it is a common misconception of people to group all fat containing-foods into a single "unhealthy" group. Nuts contain fats (oils), and they are healthy. Avocados contain fats and they too are healthy. Only refined oils are unhealthy.

Saturated fat - and even fat to an extent - has been victimized by health authorities and further, the media, for decades, but only recently has it been shown that saturated fat is harmless. If anything, the low-fat "movement" has made food unhealthier; companies replace fat with sugar in foods and label them as "low-fat!", so everyone buys them. Don't even get me started on sugar. Added sugar is horrid for health. Fruits are okay even though they contain sugar, because fruit packs fiber, which slows the down the rate at which the sugar hits your bloodstream; but, added sugars are very, very bad.

Lipid containing foods are specifically targeted because:

1. Saturated fat consumption has been found to correlate with cardiovascular heart disease.
  2. Fats are more energy dense than carbohydrates, so it is easy to consume large quantities of kilojoules (calories) and gain weight.
  3. Humans like simplistic models and it is very easy for fatty foods to be connotative of weight gain.

​(Addressing each point:)

Correlation does not equal causation. There are so many other factors at play. Also, there are a lot of exceptions. For example, there are peoples who consume high amounts of saturated fat via high consumption of coconut, and they are very healthy. The French eat a loooot of cheese and they are not unhealthy.

Yes, eating too much fat can make you gain weight... so limit how much you eat! I come from an Italian family, and we always use extra virgin olive oil on almost everything we eat, but we don't drown our foods in the stuff!

The third point is obvious. Come on, what is someone more likely to believe: that a greasy, bacon burger will make you fat, or that a piece of candy does?

Fats are not bad. Artificially produced trans-fats and processed, refined vegetable oils are bad. But, other fats are not unhealthy. I speak very passionately about this, because my family has been using olive oil for a long time!

On another note, butter is also not unhealthy. It contains many vitamins! Margarine is unhealthy though, because it is made from the same process that canola oil is produced by.

Also, removing fats from food can have other effects. For example, studies have shown that calcium in low fat dairy products is not absorbed as easily as it is in full cream milk.

Finally, fat slows down the rate at which sugars hit your bloodstream (like fiber does). Since people have been eating less fats, they have been increasing their consumption of refined carbohydrates, e.g. white bread. Refined carbohydrates are not that bad, they just seem bad because people don't eat them with fat. Adding butter or olive oil or peanut butter or X fat to refined carbohydrates like bread and pasta helps your body because the sugars making up the carbohydrates don't hit your bloodstream as quickly. But nowadays, someone is more likely to eat a big bowl of pasta with low-fat cheese. Whelp, that's a lot of carbohydrates in your body in a short period of time, with no fat to slow down the speed at which they enter your bloodstream. (It would also help if they ate whole grain pasta vs white pasta.)

tl;dr

Processed foods are bad. Whole foods are not bad.

Eat fat, just not too much.

Please ask me if you require any links to sources.

I would like some links please.

yeah

how else do you think the flavors come in?

Secret, half the time, when you order fries, or veg soup, it has animal lard or animal stock in it

Animal lard is actually healthy, such a better alternative to deep frying in chemically processed vegetable oils.

Of course, since it's really high in fat, don't eat a lot. :)

But even with that considered, McDonald's is still highly processed food infested with trans-fats and I don't think anyone should be eating there if they want to be healthy.