McMaster University

IbTrojan

Is anyone here interested in attending McMaster University (Hamilton, Canada). If so, for what?

And also, is anyone here attending or have you attended the school? 

I'm just curious because my goal is to go to McMaster for their Health Sciences program (my dream since gr. 6) so I was wondering if there were any students I could relate to (if still in high school) or any students I could ask personal experiences about (if you go there, doesn't matter which program).

Thank you!

I know! It's quite a difficult program, the only one in Ontario that I've heard bases their acceptances so heavily on their supplementary application. I see it as a challenge though and I've visited the campus and few times, talked to a few students and in my mind, I just keep telling myself "you're not planning on going there, you will go there." I know it's definitely the school I want to go to and the program pulls at me like flies to honey. 

But like you said, the competition...I'm just trying my best not to be intimidated by that, you should too :)

I admire your determination! I'm sure you'll get in when the time comes! Another thing that's deterring me is my parents. They're split about me leaving home. Thought they'd probably move with me if I got into an university out of my province.

• 8 months later...

Hey! I just saw this post and thought I'd reply :P I've applied to McMaster as well, for computer science. I haven't been able to visit the campus.. how is it?

IMO the campus is really nice

- people are really friendly

Campus usually clears out on weekends as GTA kids go home

-theres less partying as mac is pretty academic for the most part

-facilities are generally really nice

• Like 1

Hey! I just saw this post and thought I'd reply :P I've applied to McMaster as well, for computer science. I haven't been able to visit the campus.. how is it?

It's beautiful (I'm completely biased though). But GirliKnow sums it up pretty accurately (As far as I know). 

I've visited the campus a couple times though and it's just one of those places that looks beautiful in every season. It's also in Hamilton - a city with so many recreational and natural parks that even if you want to stay the weekends and don't have anything to do, you can visit them or hike a trail or something. 

IMO the campus is really nice

- people are really friendly

Campus usually clears out on weekends as GTA kids go home

-theres less partying as mac is pretty academic for the most part

-facilities are generally really nice

It's beautiful (I'm completely biased though). But GirliKnow sums it up pretty accurately (As far as I know). 

I've visited the campus a couple times though and it's just one of those places that looks beautiful in every season. It's also in Hamilton - a city with so many recreational and natural parks that even if you want to stay the weekends and don't have anything to do, you can visit them or hike a trail or something. 

Thanks! I really do hope I get in. I applied a while back but I haven't gotten any reply. Do you plan on going here for undergrad?

Their Health Sciences program

Yes McMaster is my first choice. And I'm finishing up my supplementary application. The program I applied to, they only send out their applications in mid-May so I have quite a long wait. :P

I'm applying to health sci next year, but good luck to you both. Hope you guys get in :)

I've heard that you usually hear around May for Bachelor of Health Sciences.

What about computer science?

I don't think Computer Sciences require a supplementary application, so you'll be hearing from the university around early March.

Edited by Rosalina