Feeling Down?

IbTrojan

I just like to sit on my own and listen to music, never fails to make me feel better!

I also like watching prank videos on Youtube, I also tend to do that to procrastinate on a daily basis, it's become my daily source of happiness haha (it might be just me, enjoying watching prank videos).

• Like 2

It actually depends on the reason... or if there is actualy a reason for me feeling down. Sleep helps a lot - if I sleep some more than usual for a day, I always wake up feeling much better. Also, as mentioned above, music is also a good way to cheer me up, especially when I listen to some silly Monty Python or Tom Lehrer songs.

And there's always a bike waiting for the times I need to let some pressure off or give myself some motivation for life. After a few uphills and descents in the forest I can't even remember  why I could have ever felt down.

• Like 1

It really depends. Usually I listen to some sad music, as I can relate to the lyrics and it makes me feel better.

When I'm REALLY down I like to draw - doesn't have to be a good drawing, it just needs to express what I feel. They might get disturbing or really depressing, but as you take the drawing and throw it away, you can feel the negativity from your body disappear :)

Lastly, I... like to study. It might seem weird, but when you put all of your energy and mind on studying, you'll focus on that and will forget about the sadness (and also you might improve your grades, what a nice combo :D).

Hope this helps ^^

What do you guys do when you're feeling down (disappointment, academics, heartbreak, grief, bad day, other)? Anything, may it be indulgences, hobbies, good/bad habits...etc.

well, usually i just head out for an hour, a walk along the shore or walk in the park. most importantly i go alone, try to figure things out on my own and if i'm really really down i talk my phone with me to the roof and i generally listen to music up there with my phone on airplane mode. the most important thing is for you to understand yourself better and to do that you've gotta give yourself some time. 

it doesn't have to be music

it can be anything you want. 

for instance, sometimes i draw. sometimes i read. sometimes i just talk to my friends. 

do what makes you happy. :D 

• Like 1

I think music is a very powerful means of dealing with emotions, whether that be depression or just a bad day. 

The melodies and the lyrics can be deeply relatable, which can help in deep introspection and reflection on the reasons behind your feelings. 

• Like 1