I need some advice in IB

ThisIsMe98

Hi everyone, I've been in the IB course and I'm starting my third term now. So far, I'm not really good at it. I'm worried about my lab reports, if I did bad at them but I'm improving as I go, I'm worried if my grades will eventually get pulled down because of those that started ot real bad. Sometimes I hand in my reflections late for some activities because I didn't get internet access whenever I make my trip home on the weekends and hand them in on Monday. I wonder if that makes my reflection unvalid, or worse I might fail IB because of my inconsistency... I've been trying to learn from my mistakes I did from the begining till now, sometimes I still do make mistakes. Also, if there are any other advices for IB, I'd be glad to know about that. Thank you so much.

So is the issue getting access to the materials you need? I would talk to your teachers, or maybe you could turn your stuff in the day before you leave. It might be extra work, but that would be needed to pull up your grades and compensate for the lack of materials! Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines! That's what IB is all about!

Haha okayy the KS bomber thing was funny, I'll try to keep that in mind. Thanks for the suggestions btw. I'll try to talk to my teachers about it and ask questions because they usually say, "we don't know what the ib examiners will do and stuff". I'm guessing I'll just study hard and hand in  my reflections early then :)

Just relax, really. Don't get so stressed about making mistakes in the beginning. We all do. Just try your best to make sure you don't repeat them. As IBidiot already said, succeeding in the IB is all about adhering strictly to deadlines, because the one one thing you don't want is everything piling up on you at the same time. And of course, this should go without saying, but you're going to have to work hard. No way to avoid that, haha. 

Don't stress too much about the past and I'm sure you'll do well.

Edited by Talalwarsi5897

• 2 weeks later...

reflections for what? because the only thing i you need routine reflections that i can think of is CAS and you're not gonna fail ib because of a late CAS reflection

Reflections for my CAS activities I guess. I'm glad that I won't fail ib because of a late CAS reflection. I was so worried I thought of various ideas to work harder to replace all these activities. ><

Just relax, really. Don't get so stressed about making mistakes in the beginning. We all do. Just try your best to make sure you don't repeat them. As IBidiot already said, succeeding in the IB is all about adhering strictly to deadlines, because the one one thing you don't want is everything piling up on you at the same time. And of course, this should go without saying, but you're going to have to work hard. No way to avoid that, haha. 

Don't stress too much about the past and I'm sure you'll do well.

Yep, thank you. I'm definitely going to work hard to graduate from ib :) Thank you

• Like 1