Biology SL paper 1 and paper 2

ysfcll

Hi everbody, how did you find paper 1 and 2 ? Personally I think that P1 was the easiest exam that I've ever solved when i compare it with the previous exams. P2: section A was easy for me as well but I couldn't managed the time in section B so it was just ok i think. What about you guys ?

• Like 1

I did tz0 and it was interesting :D

The first paper was easier than what I expected indeed. I however found it quite tricky especially the question about the release of CO2 in the atmosphere in Hawaii and somewhere else I think. 

For p2 section B I chose the 7th question (about the heart and the nerve impulse) and I found it quite easy. I omitted certain things in question c) though.

Which question did you choose?

• Like 1

I did tz2

I found paper 1 not hard, but there were some tricky questions.

Paper 2 , was very easy, both section A and B,

in section B i chose the 5th question.

What was the fifth question about? 

It was about amino acid and protein formation, protein pump in active and passive transport, and cell respiration 

• Like 1

TZ1 Here

I did excellent on Paper 1 except for the water as a coolant question, since i didn't choose the evaporation option

My paper 2 was also fairly easy, I chose the first question on section B (about prokaryotes, defense system, and antibiotic resistance), yet, I explained synaptic transmission on the question that asked about how a nerve impulse passes through, and I'm not sure if that is what i had to answer D:

TZ0 here (i think).

It went ok for me, I think the tests might be different since mine were in spanish, but I only think i had a couple questions wrong on paper 1, and maybe 3 or 4 on paper 2.

Edited by Guest

To be honest, I dont really know which TZ I did :D But in P1,  the 1st question was "which one is polysaccharide" and 3rd question was about ordering from smallest to the largest. So you guys may help me to figure out which TZ i did. 

In P2 section B, I did the question 6 which was basicly about meiosis and cloning etc. ( I still dont know why the hell I chose this :@,  drawing the stages consumed my all the time :@

TZ1 Here

I did excellent on Paper 1 except for the water as a coolant question, since i didn't choose the evaporation option

My paper 2 was also fairly easy, I chose the first question on section B (about prokaryotes, defense system, and antibiotic resistance), yet, I explained synaptic transmission on the question that asked about how a nerve impulse passes through, and I'm not sure if that is what i had to answer D:

I couldnt remember this question quite well. Was it the last question? 

To be honest, I dont really know which TZ I did :D But in P1,  the 1st question was "which one is polysaccharide" and 3rd question was about ordering from smallest to the largest. So you guys may help me to figure out which TZ i did. 

In P2 section B, I did the question 6 which was basicly about meiosis and cloning etc. ( I still dont know why the hell I chose this :angry:,  drawing the stages consumed my all the time :angry:

Then it's probably tz0 ^_^

What was your answer for the question about evolution? The one with the weird options x)

In P2 section B, I did the question 6 which was basicly about meiosis and cloning etc. ( I still dont know why the hell I chose this :angry:,  drawing the stages consumed my all the time :angry:

Then it's probably tz0 ^_^

What was your answer for the question about evolution? The one with the weird options x)

Do you remember  what were the options ? I couldn't remember what I did.

I think the options were something like:

A moth that goes from white to black when living in an industrial zone

Antibiotic resistant bacteria slowly replacing normal bacteria

Finches that change beaks in years of drought

And something else but I can't remember.

I chose B, the antibiotic resistant bacteria. The question was about evidence for evolution.

I chose B, the antibiotic resistant bacteria. The question was about evidence for evolution.

I picked the antibiotic resistant bacteria... idk if its right though 

Did anyone do the meiosis and cloning questions in section B paper 2? Kinda freaked out about that one. 

Also, the image of the flagella and the pilli.. did we have to state the functions too? i have no idea which time zone i did but i think its tz0 or something 

I picked the antibiotic resistant bacteria... idk if its right though

Well I picked the a moth that goes from white to black and idk I found something in wiki which kinda support it

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth_evolution

• Like 2