Do I have to do sports for CAS?

A friend of mine told me that I have to do sports for CAS..which I don't want to do considering I am not a great athlete. Since I'd be putting a lot of time into sports, it'd also take my time away to study. Is this true? If so, can I do some alternative?

Thanks

I don't think you'd have to play sports for the "Action" portion. Yes, there should be some physical activity aspect to it but I do not believe it specifically has to be a sport. I think I have a list of examples of permitted activities somewhere. I'll look for it and get back to you if you'd like

• Like 2

I don't think you'd have to play sports for the "Action" portion. Yes, there should be some physical activity aspect to it but I do not believe it specifically has to be a sport. I think I have a list of examples of permitted activities somewhere. I'll look for it and get back to you if you'd like

That'd be great :D

Action is 'anything that gets you sweaty' according to my IB and coordinators. You only need about one hour of action per week, you can just do two half-hour walks; it doesn't have to be boxing or running or football or anything like that. :)

Action is 'anything that gets you sweaty' according to my IB and coordinators. You only need about one hour of action per week, you can just do two half-hour walks; it doesn't have to be boxing or running or football or anything like that. :)

Will beating up my sibling count?

I hike and take long jogs but how would I record it :/ ?

• Like 3

Hahaahhahaha. Creativity for coming up with your own martial arts!

Take pictures of your watch/timer, of the destination view/road when jogging, or say you're training for a 5K and let your medal/diploma be the proof. :P

Edited by ellie
  • Like 1

I hike and take long jogs but how would I record it :/ ?

If you take a phone with you, you may want to install an app like Strava or Endomondo which track your time, position, speed etc. 

• Like 2

Or even pictures of you jogging/hiking would be fine. But you do need a supervisor for your activities, do you have any local hiking or jogging clubs around? May I also recommend doing the Duke of Edinburgh award while doing CAS. A lot of what you need to do overlap, and it's a great thing to have for resumes/applications.

• Like 1

haha, I wish! :P

Or even pictures of you jogging/hiking would be fine. But you do need a supervisor for your activities, do you have any local hiking or jogging clubs around? May I also recommend doing the Duke of Edinburgh award while doing CAS. A lot of what you need to do overlap, and it's a great thing to have for resumes/applications.

The clubs in my area are geared towards senior.

and I'd just send a picture of my time using the app?

I forgot about the Duke of Edinburgh Award ! Thanks for the reminder :D

You can direct your supervisor/coordinator to your profile website where all your activities are stored. Alternatively you can take a screenshot after each activity and send it, but there would be too much of playing around with it for me. :P