Biology HL Papers 1 and 2

Baller97

I thought Paper 2 (TZ2) were really hard, the data based questions omg :( and also did anyone take question 6, with the nephron question? 

Sammmeee! The paper wasnt 'hard' but data response i was mad at the penguins! Like penguins why? The map thing was a nightmare and honestly it felt more like a geography exam with the type of questions... :P I did the nephron question and I literally said everything I knew about it... the whole shebang :)

Edited by IBpartying

Also on paper 1, there was a question about the y-chromosome, what did you guys answer on that? And the micrograph pic on the testis it was SO UNCLEAR!! What did you pick for that?

For the y-chromosome I said it had genes that the X chromosome didnt (which are the genes that make you a man so I am pretty sure about that)... and then for the testis thing I said they were interstitial cells because they were in between the cells and not inside them...

I thought Paper 2 (TZ2) were really hard, the data based questions omg :( and also did anyone take question 6, with the nephron question? 

Sammmeee! The paper wasnt 'hard' but data response i was mad at the penguins! Like penguins why? The map thing was a nightmare and honestly it felt more like a geography exam with the type of questions... :P I did the nephron question and I literally said everything I new about it... the whole shebang :)

I seriously freaked out and couldn´t answer on them!  the first question about the trend, I wrote positive trend. I´m not sure. And also how could it been evidence for global warming?! It seemed that ice surface was increasing. O.o

Also on paper 1, there was a question about the y-chromosome, what did you guys answer on that? And the micrograph pic on the testis it was SO UNCLEAR!! What did you pick for that?

For the y-chromosome I said it had genes that the X chromosome didnt (which are the genes that make you a man so I am pretty sure about that)... and then for the testis thing I said they were interstitial cells because they were in between the cells and not inside them.

I wrote the same thing!! What did you take on the question with free ribosomes? I don´t remember the question but it was something about free ribosomes? I wrote cytoplasm :) Also the two table question, with CO2 what did you pick? I said that it shows variation, because I don´t think you could claim that global warming was due to only the small differences in CO2 Concentration. O.o

Sammmeee! The paper wasnt 'hard' but data response i was mad at the penguins! Like penguins why? The map thing was a nightmare and honestly it felt more like a geography exam with the type of questions... :P I did the nephron question and I literally said everything I new about it... the whole shebang :)

I seriously freaked out and couldn´t answer on them!  the first question about the trend, I wrote positive trend. I´m not sure. And also how could it been evidence for global warming?! It seemed that ice surface was increasing. O.o

Well i said that the number of breeding pairs decreases from the areas where the sea ice length decreases... and since thats the number of days there is ice in that area... i said that if the number of breeding pairs decreases it can be seen as evidence of global warming because the ice is there for fewer number of days...

For the y-chromosome I said it had genes that the X chromosome didnt (which are the genes that make you a man so I am pretty sure about that)... and then for the testis thing I said they were interstitial cells because they were in between the cells and not inside them.

I wrote the same thing!! What did you take on the question with free ribosomes? I don´t remember the question but it was something about free ribosomes? I wrote cytoplasm :) Also the two table question, with CO2 what did you pick? I said that it shows variation, because I don´t think you could claim that global warming was due to only the small differences in CO2 Concentration. O.o

For the free ribosomes and where the proteins created by them are used... i said the nucleus but i wasnt sure between that and the cytoplasm... i probably changed it like 5 times :P for the CO2 question I gave the same answer... :) 

For the free ribosomes and where the proteins created by them are used... i said the nucleus but i wasnt sure between that and the cytoplasm... i probably changed it like 5 times :P for the CO2 question I gave the same answer... :) 

what did you write was the name of the process of the DNA thingi? I wasn´t sure if they wanted the answer DNA Profiling or Gel electrophoresis? (I wrote both) 

And also for the function of pili? I wrote cell to cell communication and adhesion. Wasn´t sure if cell to cell comunication is correct :D Also (sorry for so many questions :P) what did you get for magnification? I think I got x 15 000 :) 

TZ2 here! I think it went pretty badly... I don't think I'll ever look at a penguin or a cat the same way again  :(

Hated my life and the universe in the moment I read those questions !! :( 

For the y-chromosome I said it had genes that the X chromosome didnt (which are the genes that make you a man so I am pretty sure about that)... and then for the testis thing I said they were interstitial cells because they were in between the cells and not inside them...

I answered the same, and I actually found paper 1 slightly hard and paper 2 quite easy. And the nephron question I just talked about all I could think of

I answered the same, and I actually found paper 1 slightly hard and paper 2 quite easy. And the nephron question I just talked about all I could think of

Same here, I wrote down basically the whole kidney :D Also my heart drawing was very basic, so I´m a bit worried for that O.o 

what did you write was the name of the process of the DNA thingi? I wasn´t sure if they wanted the answer DNA Profiling or Gel electrophoresis? (I wrote both) 

And also for the function of pili? I wrote cell to cell communication and adhesion. Wasn´t sure if cell to cell comunication is correct :D Also (sorry for so many questions :P) what did you get for magnification? I think I got x 15 000 :)

I just put electrophoresis... i dont think that should be a problem...

I wrote exactly the same thing for the pilli so I hope its correct :)

and for the magnification i got X2,000 and seemed pretty realistic... so yeah :)

and for the magnification i got X2,000 and seemed pretty realistic... so yeah :)

How did you get 2000? the scale bar was 1 micrometer and I measured the scale bar it was 15 mm I think, so I converted that to micrometer and divided with 1 O.o I´m unsure if that was correct :S

How did you get 2000? the scale bar was 1 micrometer and I measured the scale bar it was 15 mm I think, so I converted that to micrometer and divided with 1 O.o I´m unsure if that was correct :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h5IFY-PYRw This guy says the same thing, but still unsure :D 

yeah exactly paper 2 section A was just an euphoria for me after the awful paper 1 :D.

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h5IFY-PYRw This guy says the same thing, but still unsure :D

well the p2 section A was like euphoria for me :D 

i also put the electrophoresis and the function for phili i wrote ' joins cells together'

yeah the q for the y chromosome it was a bit difficult or the one with the cancer in Poland. actually i couldnt find the answer so i got 68% ahah

and with the CO2 i chose that one place is more affected than the otehr.

What have you chosen for the graph with the antibodies or so?- there were answet about HIV and the peak of infection

Oh damn you might be right... what i did was that i got the length of the bacteria in the picture which was exactly 30mm, divided that by 15mm and got 2mm. Then I divided 2mm by the 1micrometer and got 2,000. i really dont know but  i guess the good thing is it was only 1 mark :D