Biology HL Papers 1 and 2

Baller97

Yes, I am going to study medicine in Warsaw Medical University, what about you? 

yep, im applying there but i will also go for Poznan Medical University and Lublin Medical University.

are you goin for English Division?

yep, im applying there but i will also go for Poznan Medical University and Lublin Medical University.

Yea, for English Division... are you Polish? 

Yep

Medicine in Poland, anybody?

Nah - I'm doin biomedical sciences in the UK :P

Medicine in Poland, anybody?

no, in Hungary :P But we love Poland in Hungary! :D
Hah Hungary is so cool! I love the food there haha seriously.

You guys are more than welcome here :)!

haha thank you, so are you! :D I hope we all make it to medschool  ^_^

Yep

No to moźemy gadać po polsku.. a ty idziesz na Polskie czy Angielskie divisja? 

Edited by mohitkeswani

Yep

ahaha chciałam na Angielską ale nie moge bo nie mam podwójnego obywatelstwa ;/!

boje sie Polskiej division bo już zapomniałam polskie nazwy haha *IB be like*

Yep

ahaha chciałam na Angielską ale nie moge bo nie mam podwójnego obywatelstwa ;/!

boje sie Polskiej division bo już zapomniałam polskie nazwy haha *IB be like*

A ja chciaÅ‚em Polskie obwatelstwo i jechacz do Angli na studia, ale nie mam, i miaÅ‚em offer z Liverpool, Lancaster, Bristol, ale jak International to za duzo kosztuje, to moje rodzice mowili ze zotsaj w Polsce bo jestem w Warszawie od 15 lat..., Medycyna w Polski Jezyk , mysle ze bedzie trudne, ale IB bylo dobrze... 

I did TZ1.. I thought paper 1 was fine but paper 2 was difficult.

SAME WITH ME. I left answering the questions about the damn Fox10 mice until the last minute (mostly because I was having trouble comprehending what it was about), and it was a stressful move, but I think I understood it in the end... What options for the Q's on P2 did you choose? I chose 6&7 (ventilation, skeletal muscle contraction, photosynthesis)

• Like 2

For TZ1 paper 2 HL I don't remember what essay question it was but it asked to discuss the consequences of overproduction of offsprings did anyone answer that one?

I did that question, it was question 4 with part a as a drawing of the male reproductive system and b as a comparison between spermatogenesis and oogenesis. I thought it was pretty easy; talked about natural selection, increased competition for resources, possible decrease in biodiversity and carrying capacity. I found papers 2 and 3 easy for TZ1 but paper 1 kind of screwed me up a little

SAME WITH ME. I left answering the questions about the damn Fox10 mice until the last minute (mostly because I was having trouble comprehending what it was about), and it was a stressful move, but I think I understood it in the end... What options for the Q's on P2 did you choose? I chose 6&7 (ventilation, skeletal muscle contraction, photosynthesis)

Yeah that data base was difficult.. I didnt understand what they wanted from me. I ended up spending a lot of time on it and had to rush my options. I did 4 (reproduction) and 5 (meiosis). I wanted to do 6 but I couldn't remember all of the parts of muscle contraction even after sitting there for so long.

• Like 1

HWW thank you!!!!

I think the papers were easier than last year ones

so I am worrying about higher grade boundaries..

I think they were way harder! At least TZ2.
I would rather be thinking about lower grade boundaries than higher! Especially due to the p1 and section b p2 for TZ2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that data base was difficult.. I didnt understand what they wanted from me. I ended up spending a lot of time on it and had to rush my options. I did 4 (reproduction) and 5 (meiosis). I wanted to do 6 but I couldn't remember all of the parts of muscle contraction even after sitting there for so long.

I literally blanked on the long answer questions, and couldn't do the reproduction one. Same with meiosis--- I didn't get taught both subjects very well, and had a super hard time grasping the actual processes.. for some reason I understood human physio much better :P

I never seem to like the multiple choice exams, but the second paper was alright! Although for one of the questions, people were laughing since they put "potato" as an answer. I'm very happy I studied the reproductive parts in detail, as well as the replication of DNA.