Psychology Paper 1

EmilyFCH

Hey guys ! Does anyone have health psychology as an option ? I chose the factors affecting the development of substance abuse, I included factors from SCLA, BLA and CLA, evaluated on the studies and then did a little bit discussion about how they interact and the fact that researchers  should focus on examining more than one factor in the same research study! Can you guys tell me about your choices?

I used stress - Selye (1956)'s General Adaptation Syndrome and that a substance may be used as a coping method - and social identity theory for it (I found out a lot of sociocultural things about substance abuse because I did my EE on marijuana addiction), but now that I think about it I should have put social learning there..

Hey guys ! Does anyone have health psychology as an option ? I chose the factors affecting the development of substance abuse, I included factors from SCLA, BLA and CLA, evaluated on the studies and then did a little bit discussion about how they interact and the fact that researchers  should focus on examining more than one factor in the same research study! Can you guys tell me about your choices?

is this TZ1 or TZ2? does anyone know what the TZ1 health questions were? i did TZ2 and personally i was very disappointed there was no question on stress :/

Hey guys! I chose the BLA essay question on research methods and I went on with case studies (Phineas Cage, HM) and lab experiments (Martinez&Kesner, Iacoboni) Who else did get away with this question?

I  wanted to ask about paper 2, did you guys have abnormal psychology as an option? and if yes, what did you do? 

I did that question, and I found it really much easier than I was expecting! I talked about animal experiments (Rosenweig & Bennet) and brain imaging technologies (Davidson and Vestergaard-Poulson). 

I did have Abnormal for an option in Paper 2 and I talked about cultural considerations in diagnosis. What question did you answer?

I answered the "contrast biomedical and individual treatments to one psychological disorder "! There were actually good questions! I was going to chose the first one "discuss one study or theory on abnormal behaviour" but I found it a little bit tricky 

Hey guys ! Does anyone have health psychology as an option ? I chose the factors affecting the development of substance abuse, I included factors from SCLA, BLA and CLA, evaluated on the studies and then did a little bit discussion about how they interact and the fact that researchers should focus on examining more than one factor in the same research study! Can you guys tell me about your choices?

is this TZ1 or TZ2? does anyone know what the TZ1 health questions were? i did TZ2 and personally i was very disappointed there was no question on stress :/

I am TZ1 and we didnt have stress either ! The questions were one on the development of substance abuse or addictive behavior! One on the health promotion model and one on overeating and obesity

Hey guys ! Does anyone have health psychology as an option ? I chose the factors affecting the development of substance abuse, I included factors from SCLA, BLA and CLA, evaluated on the studies and then did a little bit discussion about how they interact and the fact that researchers should focus on examining more than one factor in the same research study! Can you guys tell me about your choices?

I am TZ1 and we didnt have stress either ! The questions were one on the development of substance abuse or addictive behavior! One on the health promotion model and one on overeating and obesity

ah then seems like we got the same questions

What questions were you hoping for?

Personally I liked the questions in paper 1, it was simple and straightforward :) I took the one about compliance technique too! :D

Was hoping for a section b on genetics and intelligence or maybe cultural dimensions. The questions were fine, but just not particularly interesting in my opinion.

How was paper 2? i had health and had pretty much only studied for a question on stress, and of course there wasn't a single one on stress! But think i did ok writing about the development of addictive behaviour. Good luck with the rest of your exams everyone! !

• 3 weeks later...

Paper 1 HL wasn't entirely bad in my opinion. Only the bio and cog questions were boring to me. But the sociocultural question on Henry Tajfel's social identity theory was so easy and I was shocked that it ended up on the exam. For section B, I was stuck choosing between two questions, the first one on the types of research methods that are used at the BIO LOA or the one on the brain imaging. I ended up choosing the first one. I used case studies and experimentation. I use the Phineas Gage case study and the Rosenweig experimentation on the brain plasticity on rats to support my essay. Super easy. But for the one on the brain imaging, Phineas Gage could have been used also and that CAT scans and MRI to see the brain's activity after his frontal lobe and amygdala were damaged. 

Edited by Hilda Odias

Hey guys! I chose the BLA essay question on research methods and I went on with case studies (Phineas Cage, HM) and lab experiments (Martinez&Kesner, Iacoboni) Who else did get away with this question?

I  wanted to ask about paper 2, did you guys have abnormal psychology as an option? and if yes, what did you do? 

I did that question, and I found it really much easier than I was expecting! I talked about animal experiments (Rosenweig & Bennet) and brain imaging technologies (Davidson and Vestergaard-Poulson). 

I did have Abnormal for an option in Paper 2 and I talked about cultural considerations in diagnosis. What question did you answer?

I answered the "contrast biomedical and individual treatments to one psychological disorder "! There were actually good questions! I was going to chose the first one "discuss one study or theory on abnormal behaviour" but I found it a little bit tricky 

I answered that question too! The contrast question in paper 2 cause i found the other 2 questions difficult to answer.... i talked about depression as the disorder you