Sign in to follow this  

Third language as the Language A1 Literature subject.

So in about 1 hour starts my final exam, Language A1 Literature (Finnish).

As you might have figured out from the title, i do not speak this language as my mother tongue. In fact, the first time i heard the language was about 4 or 5 years ago, after which i spent almost a year learning to speak it (language courses).

Nevertheless, when i moved into this country and wanted to go to IB, i was basically forced to take Finnish as my A1 Literature subject, as there really weren't any other options available (I already have English A L&L)... 

My predicted grade in Finnish is 4, which i suppose can be considered to be quite good, even though i'm greatly hindered by the fact that my grammar is bad and i cannot even understand all the "hidden messages" in texts that i have to analyse... No wonder it is my weakest subject and lowest grade.

I was curious if anyone else had faced this situation, where they have to take an A1 Literature subject that is not their mother tongue?