May 2015- Physics Paper 1 and Paper 2

superspeed49

TZ2 here.

I thought paper 2 was a gift from satan, I don't know how you guys found it easy. I chose questions 7 and 8.

Paper 1 was so-so. Did anyone get a ton of A's in paper 1?

Or is it just me  :unsure:

I'm really hoping paper 3 won't be too hard.

How did you find question 7? 

I found Q7 alright, might have messed up a bit when calculating the mass. I used the equation Ek=.5mω^2x^2 to get the mass and got 3.something :/ Hbu? :D

Why 5? I used the same equation, but I got something like 0.27 kg. 

TZ2 here.

I thought paper 2 was a gift from satan, I don't know how you guys found it easy. I chose questions 7 and 8.

I found Q7 alright, might have messed up a bit when calculating the mass. I used the equation Ek=.5mω^2x^2 to get the mass and got 3.something :/ Hbu? :D

Also, how did you draw the graph for the KE of particle B?

I also got something like this with mass and my graph started at -0.1 and ended at 0.1 and it reached a quarter height

Same :D

TZ2 here.

TZ2 here.

1/2 the amplitude and 1/2 the displcement . YoU?

Got half the displacement but a quarter of the max KE... And you couldn't draw the amplitude?

• Like 1

TZ2 here.

TZ2 here.

Got half the displacement but a quarter of the max KE... And you couldn't draw the amplitude?

Same my mistake. By 1/4 of the amplitude I meant 1/4 of the KE :D

TZ2 here.

TZ2 here.

I also got something like this with mass and my graph started at -0.1 and ended at 0.1 and it reached a quarter height

I got exactly the same, the energy reached 1/4 of the graph for A, which was around 0.04J, and its displacement was from -0.1 to 0,1, phew!!

• Like 1

TZ2 here.

TZ2 here.

Same my mistake. By 1/4 of the amplitude I meant 1/4 of the KE :D

I can't believe I forgot to include the change in displacement.

Life=over

Who did the question on thermodynamics where you had to calc the new temperature of the gas? Did you guys get 500K?

Yep, I got 500K. Silly of them to ask which process was adiabatic after that question! I mean, I think they even stated it in a later question which one was adiabatic... Thanks for that free point. 

Who did the question on thermodynamics where you had to calc the new temperature of the gas? Did you guys get 500K?

I did. But what question  is that. Strangely enough I got something around 100K (as if the temperature decreased which at the end made sense as the change in internal energy it tells you to calculate came out negative for me). Or i did a tremendous mistake all along.

That's question 7. I'm pretty sure you might have made a mistake, although I can't remember the numbers exactly. Didn't the process go from right to left? In an adiabatic change, that's an increase in temperature. For the internal energy, I got 1510 J.. So very positive!

Edited by Sofia.

I did. But what question  is that. Strangely enough I got something around 100K (as if the temperature decreased which at the end made sense as the change in internal energy it tells you to calculate came out negative for me). Or i did a tremendous mistake all along.

That's question 7. I'm pretty sure you might have made a mistake, although I can't remember the numbers exactly. Didn't the process go from right to left? In an adiabatic change, that's an increase in temperature. For the internal energy, I got 1510 J.. So very positive!

Ya strangely enough I assumed it went from left to right.

Yep, I got 500K. Silly of them to ask which process was adiabatic after that question! I mean, I think they even stated it in a later question which one was adiabatic... Thanks for that free point. 

Was there a question that asked which one was adiabatic? Lol I remember having to label the one which was isochoric

• Like 1