Psychology paper 2 and paper 3 HL

mhelof

What are your thoughts? 

I am in TZ2. I was super happy with questions in paper 2. I did:

Developmental = Environmental and/or sociocultural factors influencing cognitive development (poverty)

• I talked about Paul Krugman
  • Levitsky and Barnes
  • Pollit
  • Schoon
  • Werner and Smith
  • Mani et al.

Abnormal = One or more cultural considerations in diagnosis

• Zhang et al.
  • Watters
  • Matsumi
  • I talked about somatisation and stuff
  • Le Repac
  • Fernando
  • Bolton

And paper 3 was okay. Depends how they mark it :3 But I'm really happy and I'm hoping for a 7.

• 3 weeks later...

Paper 2 was easier and I believed I enjoyed the most. I did the health option and answered the question on factors that lead to the development of substance abuse/addictive behavior. I used stress and the media as two factors. Then, my favorite, was sports psychology. Everyone else in my class focused on either abnormal, developmental, or health. I mainly focused on abnormal, health, and sports psychology. Sports psychology is actually really easy lol and i'm happy I reviewed it since there was NO question on stress unfortunately :(. I as stuck choosing the question on motivation and the question on drug use in sports for the sports psych question. I ended up choosing motivation and used two theories to support it: Bandura's Self efficacy and the achievement theory. 

Paper 3 was also extremely easy. All you'd have to do basically is review the vocab words in the qualitative section of the IB psych companion book and know how to apply it in the research in paper 3. It was basically an easy 30 marks. 

Overall, the psych exam was surprisingly one of my easiest exams. I believe I'd get no lower than a 5 lol. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE!

What are your thoughts? 

I am in TZ2. I was super happy with questions in paper 2. I did:

Developmental = Environmental and/or sociocultural factors influencing cognitive development (poverty)

• I talked about Paul Krugman
  • Levitsky and Barnes
  • Pollit
  • Schoon
  • Werner and Smith
  • Mani et al.

Abnormal = One or more cultural considerations in diagnosis

• Zhang et al.
  • Watters
  • Matsumi
  • I talked about somatisation and stuff
  • Le Repac
  • Fernando
  • Bolton

And paper 3 was okay. Depends how they mark it :3 But I'm really happy and I'm hoping for a 7.

That sounds really good. For paper 2, i chose developmental and abnormal. For developmental i chose the same one as you, and for abnormal i chose the one about contrasting individual and biomedical approach to one disorder. 

I'm really not sure about paper 3 though haha 

• 2 weeks later...