Sign in to follow this  

P1: Are questions related to Options asked?

I was practicing some Chemistry P1 for the upcoming Chemistry final exam. I noticed that in the May 2008 Paper 1, it asked about the NMR Spectroscopy: "Which compounds show three main peaks in their H NMR spectra?", three choices of organic compounds were given

I thought NMR Spectroscopy was part of Option A? Or is this just a case of the exam being outdated? I don't even know which of the core topics would include it originally..

They cannot include questions from Options into P1 and P2 at all, right?

I was practicing some Chemistry P1 for the upcoming Chemistry final exam. I noticed that in the May 2008 Paper 1, it asked about the NMR Spectroscopy: "Which compounds show three main peaks in their H NMR spectra?", three choices of organic compounds were given

I thought NMR Spectroscopy was part of Option A? Or is this just a case of the exam being outdated? I don't even know which of the core topics would include it originally..

Nope, options are only included in paper 3.

Nope, options are only included in paper 3.

Thought so. Wouldn't make sense to ask questions from Options in P1 as obviously not everyone would know the answers..

1H NMR used to be in the HL bit for organic chemistry back in the old syllabus :$ that's why