Physics HL Paper 1 & 2

Megamind

Btw. There was a question on green light being emitted from two point sources, which had just NOT been resolved. So the options asked how to resolve it and there were two contrasting ones: red light and using a circular aperture. Both would increase the angle theta so what'd you write? 

(I should be revising for Chem and CS right now :P)

The answer to that question was using the red light. Red light has a minimum wavelength of 620nm. Blue light has a minimum wavelength of 550nm. 

Since 1.22*550 < 620, the answer should have been red light since it increases the value of theta more than using a circular aperture would.

Btw. There was a question on green light being emitted from two point sources, which had just NOT been resolved. So the options asked how to resolve it and there were two contrasting ones: red light and using a circular aperture. Both would increase the angle theta so what'd you write? 

(I should be revising for Chem and CS right now :P)

The answer to that question was using the red light. Red light has a minimum wavelength of 620nm. Blue light has a minimum wavelength of 550nm. 

Since 1.22*550 < 620, the answer should have been red light since it increases the value of theta more than using a circular aperture would.

I know right I ticked red light too, but some people are saying it should be violet light. But aren't we supposed to increase the value of theta, thereby using red light? 

Paper one was a disaster, but paper 2 was easy;)

In paper 1, I think there was a question, where two answers were correct just like the aperture/green light one.

It said that a particle with mass m, charge q had radius r in a unuform magnetic field. If another particle entered and had the same radius r, what could be its mass, charge and velocity.

I have solved it

mv^2/r=qvB

mv/r=qB

mv/q=Br

I think that it had options 2m, 2q, v and 2m, q, v/2

Edited by Yuki Kuran

In paper 1, I think there was a question, were two answers were coorect just like the aperture/green light one.

It said that a particle with mass m, charge q had radius r in a unuform magnetic field. If another particle entered and had the same radius r, what could be its mass, charge and velocity.

I have solved it

mv^2/r=qvB

mv/r=qB

mv/q=Br

Yep, I think I had it like you as well. :)

In paper 1, I think there was a question, were two answers where correct just like the aperture/green light one.

I have solved it

mv^2/r=qvB

mv/r=qB

mv/q=Br

No,there is one answer,for this reason mcq is tricky, however after recieving feedback they may accept 2 answers or discount a question for example if the question was asked ambigiously Edited by Hassan76

In paper 1, I think there was a question, were two answers where correct just like the aperture/green light one.

I have solved it

mv^2/r=qvB

mv/r=qB

mv/q=Br

No,there is one answer,for this reason mcq is tricky, however after recieving feedback they may accept 2 answers or discount a question for example if the question was asked ambigiously
Do you think that someone has reported it?

I have solved it

mv^2/r=qvB

mv/r=qB

mv/q=Br

No,there is one answer,for this reason mcq is tricky, however after recieving feedback they may accept 2 answers or discount a question for example if the question was asked ambigiously
Do you think that someone has reported it?

No need to report it, btw I chose the false response and didn't notice there 2 were valid, but the idea is that the velocity selector is explicitly explained in the books. So v is not changed, for this reason what is displayed is m/q ratio